SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Happy New Years

01 January 2010 | La Paz
Monica
Happy New Year

May you all have a healthy, happy 2010! As we spent the last week of 2009 enjoying great company for the holidays and recounting our year we feel truly blessed. We have had some great, fantastic highs; arriving in Mexico finally. We also had some very low points; the passing of Julie. If we take anything away from the year I think it is to find happiness and contentment and to live life today, as tomorrow is not guaranteed. I have always said that life is one telephone call away from changing forever and so we choose to life today to its fullest and not to answer the phone!

We took Jeff and Cheryl out to the islands and spent two nights at Ensenada Grande where we experienced RAIN! Yes, the first drops that hit us since San Francisco in August. We had a cloudy day with rain starting while on a hike up the hill to the Fisherman's Cross. We were soaked by the time we made it back in the dingy to Scott Free but since it was mid 70's it was a warm rain. We spent the third night at Bahia San Gabriel. We all swam and enjoyed a perfect sunny day. With the start of another northerly forecasted for New Years Eve we set back on the 30th for La Paz. I celebrated my big 50 birthday by being treated like a queen all day from my wonderful husband and Cheryl cooking a great dinner on board. Scott is also going to spring for a massage for me this next week!

New Years Eve we decided to pace ourselves so we could stay up to midnight. Since we routinely end up in bed around 9:30 this was a task. We took afternoon naps and decided that we would go out for a late dinner. Setting out on foot around 8:00 we started for town and around 9:00 we settled on a great little place around the corner from the la Perla Hotel. They had a couple singing and being the only table occupied only lasted a short time and by 10pm they were bringing out more tables and chairs and the placed was packed well out into the walkway. We had thought that the malacon would be busy with people waiting for the fireworks and celebration but were surprised to find the street nearly deserted. Even the Jungle night club was empty. We decided since we had two cold bottles of champagne on board we'd head back and party at midnight on the boat. We quickly gathered a few more people from the docks and were counting down topside of Scott Free. Wow, we stayed up to 1:30am!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle