SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Heading Home

03 May 2010 | San Jose Del Cabo
Monica
We successfully pulled the boat out of the water and it now sits on the hard waiting our return in mid July. I have been remiss on updating the last few days for a couple of reasons. One, we've been very busy getting all things ready for the haul and our travels and two, I've been very bummed. We arrived in Puerto Escondido to discover our friend John Caruso had passed away the day before. I have known John for about 14 years from my work days in Seattle; he was an architect I worked with on my HUD non profit deals and he was a partner in the boat I went sailing on in the 90's. John and Lisa were our Mexico cruise gurus. We picked their brain about everything cruising for two years before we left asking all kinds of silly questions I'm sure. We are so sad at his early death and he will be missed.

Currently I am writing this last post until our return from our timeshare in San Jose Del Cabo. We like to use this place as a landing pad. A place before and after we fly out to catch our breath and have a day or two to plan our next steps.

The trip getting here was a typical Mexican adventure. We picked up the bus outside of Puerto Escondido, a normal bus stop but not a terminal. The driver decided that upon taking our $950 pesos that he would pocket the money instead of giving us a ticket. We didn't really care if he wanted to steal from his employer; we just wanted the bus ride to La Paz. Well, next time we will care. The bus ended up breaking down and another bus stopped to get all of the passengers, well the old driver stopped us from getting of and had us stay. Now, understand he didn't speak English and our Spanish is very cavemanish so most of this is in hand signals. So we stay on the bus and the two drivers and another man worked to fix it. After about 45 minutes we started out again only to have to stop 15 minutes later again. This time after an hour we started out again and we actually made some progress before the radiator blew and we had to stop again. After about 30 minutes of this another bus stopped and Scott found out it was going to La Paz and told the driver we were going. He told us we had no ticked and was on our own. Once on the new bus, the new driver seemed to understand what was going on and for only $200 more pesos we got tickets and were able to complete the journey to La Paz. Once in La Paz the very next bus leaving in 5 minutes took us to San Jose Del Cabo where we made it safely to our condo.

So, tomorrow we fly out and start the long day travel back to Seattle where we will see one daughter graduate from college and spend time with all 3 girls. We will also get to spend time with all of our family and friends. I won't be updating this again until we start our journey back to the boat and see if all of our preventative measures we took for storage worked. We will be bringing a new dingy back with us. Old dinky doo served well and is spending its final assignment protecting the forward deck and hatch.

Until mid July............
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle