SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Pre-Launch Days

23 July 2010 | Puerto Escondido
Monica
We are focused to say the least to get our "home" back in the water.

After 4 great days spent at the timeshare, meeting some wonderful people and celebrating an engagement with a fun couple we met we began our journey back to Puerto Escondido. The drive back was uneventful, thank goodness! The rental car was stuffed to the roof and the trunk full after loading the new dingy and stops at both Costco and Wal-Mart. We won't see more than small grocery stores or small tiendas once we leave Loreto so we wanted to stock up on staples to last us till we return to La Paz in November.

Elvin here at Puerto Escondido Services has done a great job and is ever helpful. We used his power washer to get the top sides as clean as they could be in a yard. He and his crew have now finished the epoxy and bottom paint, Scott got the new stuffing in the stuffing box (this was a big deal and a whole story in its self!). We have been unloading the car and putting the boat back together; slowly in 95+ temperatures and getting ready for our Saturday launch. We could go back in today but they don't run the lift everyday so we sit on the hard sleeping in air conditioning for another night. Yep, that is an adjustment we are yet to make, sleeping is 85 degree temperatures.

We are having to acclimate to the hot temperatures since we left and lived in cool Seattle for the past 10 weeks. The day highs have been between 95-98 since we've been here and inside the boat it is around 85 in the morning when we first get there and 100 or so in the afternoons when we leave (this should cool down once back in the water). We are sweating like nobody's business and drinking bottles of water. The canvas shade went up the first day which helps and outside we get a bit of a breeze that helps to cool us off. Today we hope to get the solar panels and the main sail back on and I have some things that now that the v-berth is getting cleared out I can start to stow away. We just try to stay focused and move slow but steady with frequent breaks.

We now have a photo gallery so I have posted some pictures there and will add to when we get some new shots.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle