SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

It's Floating!

26 July 2010 | Puerto Escondido
Monica
We are back floating in the water and things are getting put back together well. Yesterday we got the watermaker up and running and filled up our 120 gallons of tankage, got things a bit more put away and organized and made a trip into Loreto. Today we have our new sports car running. The dingy we brought back down with us got put together and the engine put on so now we don't have to bum rides back and forth to the dock. So far, and dare I say it, things are all going well.

The day we were put back in the water was one of the hottest of the season, we were told. It was about 97 or so and in the yard away from the water our thermometer read as shown above 102 and 96 inside. We didn't get launched until about 5pm so it was good and hot and of course we had been sitting here all day waiting for our turn. Once back in the water and a trip to the closed fuel dock to hose down we motored out to a buoy next to our friends on Rocinante and settled in with a stiff drink! There wasn't a whisper of wind and this was our fist night sleeping with out air conditioning so boy we knew we were in for a hot night. We weren't disappointed either!

Yesterday, Sunday we wanted to take advantage of having the car still and go into Loreto for their Sunday market and get some veggies. We took Larry and Vickie from Rocinante with us and had a nice time; it was their first time into Loreto. We got some excellent avocados and potatoes. We were anxious however to get back to the boat and get our watermaker fired up. Being this was the first time we pickled it we weren't sure what to expect. Back in Puerto Escondido a nice breeze was blowing and the temperature had cooled off to a respectable 88 degrees. Since the engine has to run while making water we thought this was perfect. 6 hours later we had the system de-pickled and our water tanks full. The wind was still blowing so outside it was 85 degrees and inside it was 85 also, very tolerable. A nice side effect was that the batteries were nice and topped off. Oh and our fridge and freezer were back up to operating temperatures and the first batch of ice cubes were in!

Today, Monday, we are refreshed after a fairly decent night sleep, we got the dingy put together, the engine on and I mopped the floors, have the forward head operational again (we had stored the dingy engine and wheels in there). We're going to make one more shopping trip in to Loreto for about 2 weeks worth of fruits and veggies as well as some meat, in case we don't catch fish. Tomorrow we return the rental car and become full time cruisers again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle