28 August 2010 | Calita Partida
We are anchored here in the crater. We left the marina in La Paz to begin a slow trip north and had intended to stay in one of the close in anchorages as I still need to have internet and cell phone coverage for a few days while some time sensitive work continues. We had the anchor down in San Gabriel Bay when the Park Service panga came by to tell us that the night time winds have been very bad and they didn't recommend us staying there. So we decided to stay until afternoon then move to the crater for the weekend and come back for the day on Monday so I can hook up for work. From here until just south of Puerto Escondido there is not internet or cell coverage. We can pull up email on our sailmail account using the SSB radio.
This is my first remote post to the blog using the radio so hopefully it will show up, if not I won't know until I get on the internet to check on Monday.