SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Running now walking

05 September 2010 | Agua Verde
Monica
We pulled up the weather on Friday morning and listened into the SSB nets weather reports and discovered a tropical depression had formed off of the coast and was headed up to the Sea. We decided to start running north and within 30 minutes had things stowed and were pulling up the anchor. We went north via the back side of Espiritu Santo Island and saw a different view than we've had before. It was very beautiful and rugged. We'll post pictures later in the gallery.

That afternoon had us anchored in Isla San Francisco, my personal favorite. We shared the anchorage with 4 other power boat and a jet ski. It was a peaceful night till a light 10 minute long Chabasco hit at 5 am. It was pretty mild so nothing was lost off the decks and the boat got a nice little rinse from the brief shower.

Saturday had us running a long day. We initially were headed from San Telmo another favorite spot but we had NE winds and swells all the way up, nice for sailing but the anchorage had waves breaking in it so we decided to push another 2 hours and hit Agua Verde. We are here all alone in the bite on the South side. Once here we pulled up weather and discovered that the tropical depression 10E had dissipated into a remnant low and was off the tip of the Baja heading up the outside and would be of no affect to us here.

Now we walk instead of run to our summer cruising area. We'll stay in Aqua Verde for a couple of days then hit the cell/internet area of Loreto/Puerto Escondido so we can wish Lynsie a Happy Birthday on Wednesday and I can continue some of my work for the Alaska non-profits I'm doing.

The weather is a bit warmer highs into the mid 90's lows high to mid 80's. The water is very clear down at least 25 feet and much warmer, about 85. Clear blue skies with light puffy clouds and afternoon thunderheads off in the distance. The night typically gives us a lighting show probably 30 miles away into the middle of the sea.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle