SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

What do we do all day?

29 September 2010 | Bahia Salinas
Monica
As cruisers we get asked all the time by our family and friends back home "What do you do all day? It is hard to believe that without a job to report to or a big house to clean and cars to keep running, kids to chase that we do manage to fill the days. I thought I would give you an example of our days with yesterday as the example.

We woke up about 7am and laid in bed till about 7:20. Had coffee, listened to the morning SSB nets, sent SSB email, checked weather. About 9:30 I started boat cleaning below and cleaned both heads, dusted, mopped the floor. Scott did some top deck cleaning which is wiping down the dodger windows, some stainless and walking around checking things out. He ended up replacing a plastic zip tie on one of the antennas. By 10:00 I decided to do some laundry, Scott decided to read some of his book. Laundry here on board is done with a 10 gallon plastic bucket, laundry soap and water. I sorted the laundry to decide I wanted to do the towels and some other assorted items. I had did Scott's t-shirts and things the day before.

By 11 it was all hung on the life lines to dry and we had big glasses of juice to re-hydrate. Remember it is about 88 degrees by this time and I'm sweating up a storm. At 11:30 Scott decides to fix us both sandwiches for lunch and returns with two for him and one for me which is the norm. We decide to take a dingy ride over to another beach so I can look for shells when we're done.

Noon we take off across the bay after first stopping by our friends boat so Scott can help him with his SSB email and we set up cocktail hour later this evening. We leave after about 20 minutes and zip around exploring, beach walking, floating off the dingy in some beautiful clear warm water. Of course, while there floating Scott is also cleaning the bottom of the dingy.

About 2 we return briefly to get drinks and our snorkel gear as there is a sunken tuna boat here we decide to snorkel. By 3 we are back at the boat taking showers, bringing in the laundry, folding it and putting it away. Scott decides to run the generator since there's been some overcast the last couple of days and with guest aboard tonight we won't want to run it then. We then sit in the shade and read till 5 when I decide to fix dinner which is burrittos. By 6:30 we have dinner over and dishes cleaned up. We get ready for our guest by shutting off the generator, lighting a bug coil in the cockpit, make ice, put out the boarding ladder. Our friends arrive at 7pm we visit and enjoy their company till about 9. They leave, we clean glasses etc. and are in bed by 9:30 laying there wondering where the day went.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle