SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Hey, It's Fall!

10 October 2010 | San Juanico
Monica
We have survived a summer in the Sea of Cortez! We had been told that we would know when fall was here because it was like someone flips a switch. Sure enough, that is exactly how it happened. A week ago we were having day highs in the high 90's to low 100's having to float in the water to stay cool. Now, we are having highs in the mid 80's cooling to the 70's at night; we are pulling up the sheet and blanket for sleeping and I've had to turn the fridge/freezer temp down as things were freezing in the fridge. And, the biggest sign came yesterday; we started using the solar shower! Showers at night with water right out of the tanks is no longer refreshing, cooling the body core down for sleeping but is startling brisk. This is perfect weather for a couple of kids from Seattle! We haven't checked the water temp for a couple days but have heard it is around 82-84.

We are still in San Juanico having been joined by 3 other boats. The winds have been pretty brisk out of the north during the day, up to around 25 mph, so the north protection offered here is getting used by the boats coming down in their southern migration. We've been beach combing and exploring but with the winds haven't been able to go far as it makes for wet dingy trips. Today things are suppose to be a bit calmer so we plan to pack a lunch and go for a nice hike. I'm currently making potato salad to have with our hamburgers tonight as we finished off the last of our fresh fish yesterday.

The plan currently is to hang here until around the 18th or so then head to Puerto Escondido for a day or so for shopping in Loreto then start the trip back to La Paz timing the arrival to meet Mona my sis when she arrives November 1st.

We have heard on the morning weather net that one "wet honker" after another is aimed for the Pacific Northwet deeply entrenching them into their fall.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle