SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Nasty four letter words!

19 November 2010 | La Paz
Monica
Snow, cold, rain? Who is using those nasty four letter words! Those are the words we are hearing from our family and friends as to what to expect from the weather when we go home next week for Thanksgiving. I think we are going to freeze!

We are starting to think about the trip home. We leave on Monday with a non stop flight from Cabo to Seattle. Our trek will begin about 9am with a bus right from La Paz to the airport in Cabo. They have a great shuttle between the main bus terminal in La Paz non stop to the airport on big comfortable buses that have bathrooms, reclining seats and even movies. The trip is about 3 hours and costs about $30 per person. With leaving from Cabo we have a greater selection of flights and can get non-stops and better prices we tend to do this when we fly home. And heck, it just plain adds to the excitement!

We are so enjoying my sister's visit here with us. Scott says she isn't a visitor but is crew! We've enforced this by making her cook her famous chicken enchiladas for us as well as make pizza dough for our pizzas. We are dragging her around town with us giving her the walking she loves, introducing her to people so she will have her own network of friends for the week we fly home and leave her on the boat.

Our friends Rod and Jane pulled into the marina this week on their boat Isabella. They left Washington July 28th and traveled the path down the coast we did last year to arrive in Mexico to fulfill their cruising dreams. Yesterday we celebrated Jane's birthday with visiting on their boat then dinner at the Tailhunter.

The locals Scott hired to re-do our teak have started their work and will work while we are back home so we should arrive to beautiful teak when we return.

So, besides the activities above, we are getting excited about seeing our family and friends. Thanksgiving next week has us counting our blessings and giving thanks for our lives, experiences and the love of our families and friends.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle