SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Back Home in La Paz

23 December 2010 | La Paz, Mexico
Monica
The return trip home was an all-day event starting out at 6am driving to pick up Lynsie then Marc and Cindee for the trip to the airport. We timed our departure (not intentionally) so we were leaving on Cindee's birthday so we took her out to breakfast at 13 Coins by the airport.
The plane was on time so we connected with the Shuttle to La Paz at the San Jose airport. We took the direct bus to La Paz without any problems and arrived back to La Paz at 8pm. Upon climbing aboard our floating home we found evidence that while the Cat's away the mice will play! It seems Scott Free became the party location (see evidence below).


We were quite popular while we were gone, or at least the boat was!



Monday found us walking the dock feeling like Santa as we handed out boat parts and other assorted items that we brought back for people here. We then needed to go to the grocery store as we had little food aboard and no fresh food at all. We were surprised that the remodel of the Colima CCC, or now Chedraui, store was complete and we found all we needed plus some Jimmy Dean sausage! American sausage has been hard to find and of course if you can't find it you want it even more.
Jane from Isabella baked delicious lasagna with homemade garlic bread and invited us over for a homecoming dinner. We made plans to head out on the boats to Bonanza Bay for an overnight trip so Lynsie could walk the beach to collect shells. While underway we could make water and could complete the long-time dream of seeing our two boats anchored together in Mexican waters!
Wednesday we took off for Bonanza with a light breeze allowing the jib to be rolled out. This is the first time that Lynsie has been on the boat underway except to move between docks in Everett so she was excited. The fishing pole was deployed, sadly with no results, and we made it to anchor with about 50 gallons of fresh water in the tanks. The beach walk resulted in a bucket of shells and pretty rocks and plans to have fish tacos for dinner with Rod and Jane.
Almost predictable for this anchorage the wind picked up at night fall and some white caps formed in the anchorage making it a bit of a bumpy night, although not terrible. The biggest problem was getting accustomed again to the sounds of the boat at anchor. Lynsie did get another attack of her vertigo this evening and was not feeling well but her mommy was here to hold her this time.
Thursday morning Lynsie woke up feeling normal again and so she and I took the dink to shore for another beach walk while Scott stayed aboard to run the watermaker and got things ready for the trip back to the dock. After another bucket of shells and pretty rocks, we rode back to the boat and got underway with the fishing pole deployed again. We caught a black skip jack within the first 10 minutes that was released after the photo op was taken and continued under motor sail back to the dock so we can prepare for our second Christmas aboard Scott Free here in La Paz


Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle