SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Back in La Paz

14 April 2011 | La Paz
Monica
We left Los Muertos and had a very pleasant motor sail to Bahia Falsa which is right around the corner from La Paz. The plan was to wait out the two day norther there and then head further north on towards Puerto Escondido for Loreto Fest the last weekend of April. But like all good plans……..

I forget now exactly what it was that was the deciding factor to come into Marina Palmira but it had some to do with our growing grocery list and the need for propane as well as a solid internet signal for me to get some required work done. On Tuesday morning we upped anchor and took the 45 minute trip into our marina home. Once tied up and secure we went to the office to register and come to find out it is cheaper to have a 7 day stay then a 4 day stay so we opted for the 7 day. Just as well since we ended up yesterday discovering that our windlass battery had a cracked case and needed replacing.

Repairs are done (for now!) and tomorrow’s grocery shopping should fill our cupboard. That leaves laundry on Monday and as long as I get all my work done with the wifi we will be ready to roll north Tuesday morning. It is a 3 day trek if we rush and more moving as we like to travel so we are going to try and plan it so we can take 5-6 days to go north. This dog gone J. O. B. is starting to interfere with the cruising life but heck it pays the college tuition and keeps us in tortillas.

Speaking of college tuition, we will be returning in May for Lynsie’s graduation and Becca starts college at Western in the fall so that will be two down and one to go!

Still no fish except the Skip Jacks which get thrown back. We did get boarded by the Mexican Navy while at Bahia Falsa for a check of the paperwork. The gentleman was very polite and the process went quickly and painlessly, much more so than with the US Coastguard who seems to feel compelled to find something wrong.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle