SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

And Then There Were 3

20 July 2011 | Isla Coronados
Monica
We are so spoiled, another great spot with almost no other boats. Oh, we’ve had one for a day or so but generally, we’re here by ourselves. The wind has been coming out of the SE and this bay has perfect protection and great snorkeling. Lynsie is getting very good at caputuring the underwater life with our new underwater camera and our photo book is filling up with all kinds of great photos. We are spending our days in and out of the water; the water temperature is heating up nicely with it currently about 87 degrees. We still haven’t hit the clarity that we’ve had last year but it is still early I suppose.

Thursday finally comes and this is when our “Real” Capitan re-joins our crew. I am anxious to see him. This is the longest we’ve been apart since we’ve met. I think I have fulfilled the duties required in his absence but am ready to give up the position; plus I just miss him! We pull anchor and make water on our way over in front of town re-anchoring within a good dingy distance from the small harbor marina in Loreto. It is a nice calm almost windless day perfect for this little spot. Lynsie and I go into town to do some shopping and have lunch while we wait for lunch. We make it back to the boat and begin stowing the grocery items right when Scott calls to say he is jumping in the cab to head our way. So I get in the dingy and head back to the dock to meet him.

He is back, he is back! I am so happy to see my guy. We get back aboard and he puts his bags below, gives Lynsie a hug and starts walking around the boat. I think he is surprised that it looks as good as it does. I tell him to go and unpack and Lynsie and I will get going. Lynsie and I go ahead and pull anchor as our final duties as Capitan and First Mate and head back over to Bahia Marquer where I think it will be a good spot for Scott to start to acclimate back into the heat and life style.

We get back over there, drop anchor almost right where we pulled it from hours before and as soon as we drop we jump in for a swim. Scott is so excited to do this he jumps in wearing his shorts forgetting to put on his swim trunks. After a nice refreshing swim, we settle in for his first night back home and enjoy our evening.

Friday dawns early, right around day break; we take Scott ashore so he can see the little beach here and we go snorkeling. We spend the majority of the first part of the day in the water. We then start to get a bit of a north wind and decide that we’ll go ahead and head into Puerto Escondido a day earlier than planned so with Scott back as Capitan, he pulls the anchor and we head west to tie to our usual bouy right in front of the windows.

PE hasn’t changed much since we were here last for Loreto Fest. We see friends and hitch a ride with Dale and Linda into town on Sunday for the Sunday Market where we buy some nice fruits and vegetables, have lunch and hit the ice cream stand before heading back. Sunday afternoons in PE means potluck. This week it is Kabobs and people bring side dishes. I bake a cake to bring and Scott brings his guitar. Lynsie is getting the back story on all of the drama that this little Peyton Place has. The “Bill” factor is still in place but we are not taking sides and will not be part of it. We haven’t been affected one way or another and have no problems with either side of the drama so we straddle the fence well.

Monday morning comes and we head back out into the open seas to go explore Isla Coronado’s.
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle