SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Becca's Visit

30 August 2011 | La Paz
Monica
My oh my how the time flies. Our visit with Becca has gone by so fast and September 1st is two days away! She arrived on a Wednesday and on Thursday we had the boat out underway heading back north to as many anchorages and stops possible before she had to return in short two weeks.

We stopped at Isla San Francisco so she could collect her puca shells spending two nights there before pressing north. We then stopped in San Everesto so she could see the small village life. From there we went to Los Gatos so she could find and collect her very own geode. After exploring and getting lobster from the local fisherman it was time to continue northward. We hit Puerto Escondido, Loreto, Isla Coranados, and Candeleros before re-tracing our steps south. We fished along the way and caught a very nice dorado that we are still eating.

We are tied up to the dock at Marina Palmira in La Paz, Becca flies out tomorrow she is trying to darken her tan as deep as possible before she heads back to Washington to begin her college term. We are looking to replace house batteries onboard and a couple other boat projects and then we are going to head back up to Washington as well. We hope to make it back down before next March but it will depend upon the things we have to accomplish.

We have found that we were more acclimated this year to the heat than last year but also discovered that last year was an “outlier” as far as typical weather. This year we have had more wind, rain, humitity and general unsettled weather. I guess that is why summer is the rainy season here. We’ve had to choose our anchorages more carefully due to wind and swell and keep a closer eye out for the chubascos that come on you fast and leave you fast. It has been special sharing the warm waters with our daughters and showing them a slice of our life.

Our goal would be to move forward with a more traditional cruising cycle for Mexico with us down here during the winter spring months and in Seattle for the Summer Fall (hurricane) months. Goals are good, they taught us that in rehab……….
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle