SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Spring time in Mexico

14 April 2014 | La Paz
Monica
These past three weeks since our return to the boat has flown by. We had a guest aboard for the past two weeks, our neighbor from Everett Laura. We always enjoy guests aboard and the time went by very fast. The first week was spent showing her La Paz as we were waiting for rigging parts to arrive and be installed. Scott during one of his twice a year rigging clean/inspections found a crack in a fitting and upon further inspection by a trained rigger he found 3 others and deemed the boat unsafe to leave the dock. But as most things in life it was nothing time and $$ didn’t fix.

Once we did leave the dock we took off to the Islands where Laura got to snorkel and try out her underwater camera. The water is really warming up and it was quite comfortable for over 30 minutes then the sun was warm enough to tame the goose bumps. We hiked on Isla San Francisco where we got some nice photos from the ridge.

The weather was blustery with northerly after northerly blowing. In fact we got caught crossing down from Isla San Francisco to Espirtu Santo and had not the 12-15 knots of wind forecasted but 30-30 knots. The seas were 8ft, confused and at about 5 seconds. We lost the dingy and outboard and showed Laura an exciting time. By the time the wind and waves built turning around and heading into it was not an option so we were committed for this uncomfortable 20 mile passage.

Now were back at the dock, our guest has returned to the fast lane at home and we are searching for a new dingy and outboard so we can head back out. The weather has heated up and spending time in the marina is hot; well except the afternoons when we head up to the pool and float drinking our cold beers!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle