SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Aquired Targets

25 June 2009 | Everett
Monica
We have the AIS installed and see targets on the chart plotter. Scott spent the day head down and not breaking until this was accomplished. Me, I went to the grocery store and stayed out of the way. Working on a boat is like watching sausage being made, not a good sight to see but excellent results!

The decision of SSB or sat phone has been resolved with the ordering of an Icom 802. I think the end result will be more cost effective then the sat phone although there are merits to that as well. We had been given a brand new still in the box M800 radio that we were going to hook up as the SSB and use a sat phone for email/weather. But as someone knowledgeable in SSB told us, the fiber optic cable was missing which renders the whole radio useless.

So we have three major installs to complete. The solar panels which arrive tomorrow, the SSB which should be here about the time the solar panels are installed next week and then the completion of the watermaker. The watermaker was half installed last year but then put on hold so we could leave for the summer. Scott is dreading this as it has managed to challenge him to his core and he has wished, prayed and hoped that the magic Fairies would swoop in and complete it for him. He even hired someone to help but he quit before he even started. Somehow it will get done!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle