SV Scott Free

This life isn't a dress rehersal, live it to it's fullest

20 November 2014 | La Paz
30 May 2014 | La Paz
14 April 2014 | La Paz
20 March 2014 | Everett, WA
30 January 2014 | La Paz
21 January 2014 | La Paz
07 November 2013 | Everett
08 September 2013 | Everett
29 May 2013 | La Paz
07 May 2013 | Everett
03 April 2013 | Vancouver WA
12 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
05 March 2013 | Bahia Falsa
03 March 2013 | La Paz
27 February 2013 | La Paz, Mx
12 February 2013 | Everett
13 January 2013 | Everett
08 January 2013 | Spokane, WA
12 December 2012 | La Paz
05 December 2012 | La Paz

Bag Lady by day and tired by night!

20 August 2009 | San Francisco
Monica
Seeing as we are planning on leaving soon it was time to make the trip about a half a mile away and stock up on green veggies and fruit. We still have plenty of food aboard from when we left Everett but needed fresh foods. The photo shows how one provisions on the go without a car to haul you and your purchases around. First, you pick a store that is easily walked to; in our case it was a Safeway about .5 miles away. Second, you make a list and only put on it what you need and what you think you'll be able to carry. Third, you shop; fourth, repack from the bagger's work into what works for your carrying ability; lastly, you slep it back to the boat.

Ideally, one makes several trips over the course of a couple of days so that you don't get as loaded down as is shown in the photos. I did send Scott for a trip yesterday and he came back with cookies, candy and an apple. (note to self; make better lists)!

We have spent a great week and a half here but it is time to continue moving south. As I write this we are waiting for the night shift worker at the marina to return to the office so we can settle up the account and push off in the morning to make the tide out under the Golden Gate Bridge.

Our visit has been spent walking until our legs ache, and seeing the famous and not so famous spots of the city. We spent 4 days with Becca and really really had a good time. There is something about the views of a teenager that when you see things through their eyes it is much brighter and vivid. The things she saw along some of the same streets we had been walking had been completely missed by us, she picked out so many cool nuances. We hope to have your energy and spirit with us again soon Miss Boo!

So, three weeks tomorrow since we left old E dock. We sure miss you guys, Jeff, Cheryl, Roger, Mike, Wendy, Mike, Debbie, Bruce and Sharon. Oh and Lawnboy, get the move on, we'll meet you in San Diego!
Comments
Vessel Name: Scott Free
Vessel Make/Model: Gulfstar 44
Hailing Port: Seattle
Crew: Scott and Monica Stoner
About: We are set for a life time of adventures together. We love life aboard and are living the dream!
Extra: This adventure started as a comment in 2006 on our honeymoon in the BVI's and has grown to the present reality.

SV Scott Free

Who: Scott and Monica Stoner
Port: Seattle