S/V Seychelles

S/V Seychelles leaves SE Alaska, heading to where we don't need fleece and foul weather gear.

14 December 2012 | Mazatlan Mexico
08 December 2012 | Mazatlan Mexico
09 June 2012 | Sea of Cortez
23 May 2012 | La Paz
25 February 2012 | Bahia Tenacatita
18 January 2012
10 January 2012
07 January 2012
22 December 2011 | La Cruz & Puerto Vallarta
12 December 2011 | Islands North of La Paz
11 November 2011
04 November 2011
02 November 2011 | Bahia Santa Maria to Cabo San Lucas
29 October 2011 | Turtle Bay to Bahia Santa Maria
27 October 2011 | Turtle Bay Mx
24 October 2011 | San Diego to Turtle Bay MX
23 October 2011 | San Diego
12 October 2011 | Kona Kai Marina, Shelter Island, San Diego
20 September 2011 | Kona Kai Marina, shelter Island, San Diego
14 September 2011 | Marina Del Rey

Let the count down begin!

03 April 2011 | Juneau, AK
Nicki / Spring Fever
I think this speaks for itself...

JUNEAU EMPIRE
By SARAH DAY
Posted: March 31, 2011 - 10:37pm


Port Director John Stone resigns -- plans two-year sailing trip

Port Director John Stone had a surprise for the Docks and Harbor's board last night -- he's resigning to go on a sailing trip for two years with his wife.

Board chairman Jim Preston said this was addressed in closed session so the board could discuss the strategy for replacing Stone. Preston said there was no issue with Stone.

"All of the board members, we will all miss him," Preston said. "It's with reluctance we accept the resignation. We certainly wish him well."

"Well, it's been a lifelong dream to go out and do some sailing," Stone said afterward. "We just figured it was the right time to do it and we weren't getting any younger. Basically we're just gonna leave during the summer and then head south. The ultimate sail plan is to head down to the Caribbean and northeast United States to visit family."

Stone has worked for CBJ for 11 years, but has lived in Juneau since 1984.

He said they will come back to Juneau, as his wife's family lives here. Stone said he isn't retiring and when he comes back he will do something, but he doesn't know what.

Stone said his biggest accomplishment with Docks and Harbors has yet to come -- the Cruise Ship Docks project.

As for words of wisdom for the next port director:

"The big thing is you need to be willing to do a lot of night meetings for sure," he said. "You need to be sort of a community person. Get down and listen to all the harbor patrons and work with the board and the Assembly. It's a really challenging job, but it's a great job too."

Stone's resignation goes into effect June 17.
...
Comments
Vessel Name: Seychelles
Vessel Make/Model: Hylas 49
Hailing Port: Douglas, Alaska
Crew: John Stone & Nicki Germain
About: We have sailed & cruised Southeast Alaska for years. 1991-2004, aboard our Hans Christian 39 PH, "Jolly Mon" , and 2004-2010, aboard our Hylas 49, "Seychelles". We’ve been living aboard "Seychelles" since we bought her.
Extra: After 20+ years of talking and planning we finally departed our home port of Juneau/Douglas, Alaska on June 18, 2011 to destinations south, leaving the fleece and foul weather gear behind!

S/V Seychelles

Who: John Stone & Nicki Germain
Port: Douglas, Alaska