s/v Solstice

John and Shirlee's incredible adventure

10 December 2009 | Cartagena, Spain
11 October 2007 | Long Beach, CA
10 October 2007 | Long Beach, CA
08 October 2007 | Lala land
07 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
06 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
04 October 2007
04 October 2007
03 October 2007 | Oxnard, CA
02 October 2007
30 September 2007
27 September 2007 | Morro Bay, CA
25 September 2007
23 September 2007
22 September 2007
20 September 2007 | Monterey, CA
18 September 2007 | Monterey, CA
15 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA
14 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA
12 September 2007 | Emeryville, CA

Ganges Harbour

10 May 2007 | Saltspring Island, BC
We're anchored in Ganges Harbour where we have good free Internet, even on the boat. We aren't swinging too much, so that helps. In case anyone (besides my dad) has been following the blog closely, yes, I did add a bunch of stuff all in one day today but with different dates. I've been keeping notes on the computer so that I could do that very thing.

We think that David and Marcy (in Olympia) told us about Ganges, but we aren't really sure. We forgot to write down the name of the town they did tell us about. Oops. This one seems nice. We'll find out for sure tomorrow when we take the dinghy in.

As John tried to say in his yotreps postcard, there's flooding predicted on the Fraser River early next week. We had planned to be hauled out at Sceptre Marine on the 15th, but they're on the Fraser River. The currents are bad enough getting into the dock there that we don't want to have to deal with flooding too. Not to mention the logs that are likely to be delivered down river in the floods. (Spring run-off, really, but big time.) So we've postponed the haul-out until the 21st. That means we'll probably miss the Sceptre fun race on the 27th.

On the other hand, we'll now have more time at Ganges, and we may even sail into Butchart Gardens. It was winter when we were there before, and it would be fun to see the flowers in bloom.
Comments
Vessel Name: Solstice
Vessel Make/Model: Sceptre 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco, CA, USA
Crew: John Forbes and Shirlee Smith
About: Our crew is Märzen (our miniature dachshund) and whoever else is aboard at the moment, if anyone. We welcome friends and family to join us as crew for specific legs of our voyage or to visit at a destination.
Extra: We left San Francisco May 1, 2006, on our proposed 10-year voyage, now reduced to five years due to the economic crisis. Visit our home website for photos, more words, and links.
Home Page: https://www.svsolstice.com