10 May 2013 | How is it already May 10th
Posted By: Live-A-Board Bozo Hobo Rich
"I have no Recollection Senator", isn't just the sound of lies coming from the latest congressional hearings on Bengazi, but it would also be my honest statement if asked what happened to the last 30 days. The chaos started with the Oakland Boat Show and then was followed up with 4 weeks of living and working out of town. I'm not talking about the standard out of town business trip of fancy dinners and drinks, but rather 6AM to midnight real work. It took 3 weeks to move the CoolBlue Technautic build facility from Costa Mesa to our office in Escondido and I have at least one more week of long days doing the final organization to bring the new facility to life. We knew going in that April would be a gruling month, and the good thig may be that I barely remember it!
Of course what happens while I'm out of town and we are anchored in the Morro Bay Estuary?
* We drag anchor and Lori has to reset in the rain
* We lose the Honda Generator power chord so she has to run the engine to charge the batteries
* The battery switch was left in "Both mode" so the starting battery was draind, so they couldn't start the main engine.
* The anchor chain gets jammed in the hause pipe so she can't pull in or let out the anchor chain
* We run out of propane
* And as a bonus, Lori and the kids are taking tea kettle hot showers after losing te cord for the Honda Generator and not being able to make hot water.
I was getting almost daily reports of woe and each of them seemed like a bad April Fools Joke. When I finally arrived back aboard, I was just happy to see the crew still living aboard and not in a hotel or apartment!