S/V Uhuru

The excellent adventures of S/V Uhuru.

19 February 2019
18 November 2017 | Portobello, Panama
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
28 March 2017
07 March 2017
05 March 2017
05 March 2017
26 February 2017
25 February 2017
24 February 2017
24 February 2017

January in Catalina

18 January 2016 | Avalon, Catalina Island
So yes! We left the dock Saturday, January 16th after a mad day of errands on Friday.

Tonight is the first Monday away from the dock and I can tell you that if most of the days are like today, I think I’m going to like this lifestyle. Wake up to no alarm, coffee and breakfast, work on a boat chore, have lunch, check in with the office and then have some free time before dinner and evening relaxation. I feel so lucky.

We arrived late Sunday night after a blustery sail from Mission Bay and grabbed a mooring ball in Avalon. The mooring balls here are pretty well maintained, no squirting sea creatures!

Tonight, after a nice walk ashore, we were admiring the lights of the mainland shining from underneath the cover of the marine layer. The temperature here isn’t so cold as I thought because of it. There aren’t many boats here in the harbor with people aboard and most of the mooring balls are empty, but the town is still fairly busy with people coming over on the ferry for daytrips.

Tomorrow we will put some more hours on the engine and try to catch some fish. We have big plans to anchor or moor on the outskirts to clean our catch of the day and have lunch or a snack. Sounds like fun!
Comments
Vessel Name: Uhuru
Vessel Make/Model: CT-41
Hailing Port: San Diego, CA
Crew: Brian
Social:
Uhuru's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 25 February 2016