S/V Uhuru

The excellent adventures of S/V Uhuru.

19 February 2019
18 November 2017 | Portobello, Panama
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
28 March 2017
07 March 2017
05 March 2017
05 March 2017
26 February 2017
25 February 2017
24 February 2017
24 February 2017

13 April 2016
We have been in the Vallarta area for almost two weeks. We pulled into the La Cruz anchorage for a few days, then we checked into Marina Rivieria Nayarit and now we are anchored in Punta de Mita.

Being on the anchor is great because you can jump in the water when it gets too hot. The water here is pretty warm though. Imagine my surprise when I jumped in and found the temperature to be about 78 degrees!

The wind here in the bay this time of year can blow 15 to 20 knots. When you are on the anchor, it provides entertainment if you are sitting outside on the stern enjoying the ride over the swells that the wind is producing, however, if you are cooking, that might not be so entertaining. Also, taking the dinghy into town requires planning ahead or you will end up quite wet.

Kite boarding and wind surfing are popular sports here and the 2016 Laser World Championship Regatta is about to begin.

Marina Nayarit has a dinghy dock which charges a small fee to tie up. From there, the walk into La Cruz is just around the corner from the marina.

La Cruz is a pretty small town. There are many places that are geared towards cruisers and they close up for the summer. I think the season here ended after Easter.

The marina has a couple of good restaurants. I had the best ceviche ever at Peska and the Italian place Frascatti serves a delicious spaghetti Bolognese.

The picture is of Peska. Great open air restaurant, good food and service.
Comments
Vessel Name: Uhuru
Vessel Make/Model: CT-41
Hailing Port: San Diego, CA
Crew: Brian
Social:
Uhuru's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 25 February 2016