S/V Uhuru

The excellent adventures of S/V Uhuru.

19 February 2019
18 November 2017 | Portobello, Panama
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
05 April 2017
28 March 2017
07 March 2017
05 March 2017
05 March 2017
26 February 2017
25 February 2017
24 February 2017
24 February 2017

Last stop in Mexico! Chiapas

08 December 2016
So here we are in Chiapas, our last stop before we leave Mexico and head for El Salvador. Check in required a boarding by the Navy and their super sniffer dog.

We have been on the move since we left Puerto Vallarta, haven't really landed anywhere, Puerto Vallarta to Tenacatita, Manzanillo, Zihuatanejo, Huatulco and then here.

Huatulco had some pretty anchorages and beaches but we had a weather window so we didn't dally and took advantage of favorable winds. We sailed the whole first day and night, motored the 2nd day and made it in 48 hours.

Chiapas Marina is a 30 minute ride from downtown. We have a restaurant here but nothing else. The water looked so brown to me, but today when the guys came to clean the boat bottom, you could see them underwater. When I made that comment to Ronnie, one of the staff here, he said it was because there is a coffee factory across the water and they dump the coffee into the water. Unfortunately the breeze hasn't blown this way so we can't smell the roasting coffee beans.

The land here is flat with a lot of farming, lots of huge mango trees and very green.

We will stay here until Monday to do some boat chores and work a bit and then we're off to El Salvador. We anticipate heading into the wind and a current so we probably won't make very good time if that's the case.

It will be an exciting entrance to the estuary there as a pilot is required due to swells. Sounds like fun!
Comments
Vessel Name: Uhuru
Vessel Make/Model: CT-41
Hailing Port: San Diego, CA
Crew: Brian
Social:
Uhuru's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 25 February 2016