s/v Vingilot - Fiji

11 October 2021
10 October 2021
09 October 2021
08 October 2021
07 October 2021
06 October 2021
05 October 2021
04 October 2021
03 October 2021 | Novatel - Auckland Airport
03 October 2021 | Novatel - Auckland Airport
01 October 2021 | South Pacific
29 September 2021 | South Pacific
29 September 2021 | South Pacific
28 September 2021 | South Pacific
27 September 2021 | South Pacific
26 September 2021 | South Pacific
25 September 2021 | South Pacific
24 September 2021 | South Pacific
23 September 2021 | South Pacific

Likuliku to Musket Cove

19 June 2021
Jade Tysoe
Another warm night was had on board with bodies strewn across any part of the boat which was cooler than the inside berths. There was very little wind and the water was like glass in the morning. After a hot drink Jade went out on the paddle board around the bay, then Josh had a go and finally Charles stepped on board too.
In the meantime, Joy made a double batch of crackers plus a double batch of bread in the galley - she is just a superstar!
Shortly after 10am we lifted anchor and departed from Likuliku lagoon bound for Musket Cove. We all enjoyed some cereal and yoghurt underway before arriving into Musket around 11.30am and picking up a mooring buoy. We had to admit, Musket seemed really busy compared to the quiet, deserted bays we had anchored in of late. We counted 21 boats anchored here but we have to remember that it’s still small fry compared to the usual numbers!

The rubbish was cleared off the boat and taken ashore by Jade and Matt who were very happy to visit the restaurant for an ice cold beer and hot chips afterwards.
Joy, Charles and Josh joined shortly afterwards and we sat down to some lunch which included burgers, chips and spicy prawn bento boxes. Josh returned to Vingilot briefly to retrieve the gas bottles that needed to be refilled.

After lunch it was time to see what stock the food shop had to offer and our timing was fortuitous as a fresh delivery of bread and vegetables arrived as we were stood in the store. While Joy and Josh piled a lot of oats, cans and fresh food into boxes, Charles had sought out the local nurse who kindly provided some cerumol for ear wax treatment.

The nurse also informed us that vaccinations were delayed as the ministry of health were concerned about the risk that they may pose by coming ashore in Musket. The upshot is that the vaccination doses should be delivered later in the week but it will be without the ministry personnel present. Vaccine shots will be administered outside by the local nurse and any other healthcare professionals in the Musket bubble. If we are still around to coincide with the vaccinations, Charles has kindly offered his assistance.

Once Josh and Joy had filled their boxes at the food shop, we piled them into both of the dinghies and went back to Vingilot to re stock the lockers.

Dinner was then enjoyed on shore again with the KTD crew. We sat in the beach bar and used their barbecue, grilling some boerewors sausage and enjoying that with fresh bread rolls baked by Joy plus an onion and tomato relish made by Tracy. We followed up with pineapple slices for dessert and some of us among the crew also enjoyed a Margarita cocktail which was a real treat!
Comments
Vessel Name: Vingilot
Vessel Make/Model: Cavalier 45
Hailing Port: Auckland, New Zealand
Home Page: www.sailblogs.com/member/svvingilot/
Social:
Vingilot's Photos - Main
29 Photos
Created 17 May 2021
1 Photo | 6 Sub-Albums
Created 17 April 2021