And so it continues.
21 August 2018 | Aurora, Colorado
Workers for Delta Desaster showed up Wednesday afternoon to start fixing all our floors and plasterboard. The mistake by the floor refinished when he broke the fridges waterline has caused damage to be spread around the first floor and under the house.
We had standing water under the house along with saturated insulation that all had to be gotten rid of. The floor under and on both sides of the fridge needed drying(solid rid oak) as well as the plasterboard in the closet and we found out on Thursday that it had also soaked under the vinyl flooring in the laundry room. We thought it couldn’t get worse till the project supervisor showed up on Friday and as she was crawling out of the crawl space under the house, I found that either the hose or the bucket that they had used to hold all the water from under the house had leaked a good bit onto the concrete floor, soaking an oriental rug as well as the pad it sat on and the legs of an Ethan Allen table. She shook her head in dismay on how everything was going bad with this job. She made arrangements for the rug and pad to be picked up and the bucket removed and replaced. She agreed with us that the wood floor under the fridge had to be replaced and told us to go find some new vinyl. Meanwhile the blowers and dehumidifiers as well as the vacuum pad that was trying to pull out the water under the boards just kept running. Add in the blowers and dehumidifiers under the house and the new blowers and dehumidifiers in the laundry room screaming like jet engines and it was a nerve racking nightmare. These blowers, etc had started on Wednesday and they just kept making noise all through the weekend. Everyday, one of their “mitigation” specialists would show up(normally in groups of three)to take pictures and record the moisture in all the different area affected.
On Sunday afternoon, we found some vinyl that we could live with. It doesn’t match what we have but is close enough that it will work. Styles change in the 22 years we’ve lived here.
On Monday we let them know about the vinyl we’d chose and it’s a bit over the “allowance “ they let us have but man, after everything we’ve gone through, it’s their problem, not mine. In the afternoon, two “mitigation” specialists showed up and removed all the blowers from the kitchen and wanted to rip up the flooring in the laundry room. I got a bit pissy about this as we didn’t even have the replacement vinyl ordered nor knew how long it was going to take to get in and they were going to trash another room of the house. In the end, they just pulled up what they needed so they could get to the soaked floor area and put in blowers and very loud dehumidifiers into the laundry room to suck out the moisture. With all the equipment running in the room, it tested out at 125 degrees this afternoon when the next “mitigation”specialist showed up for another check. With at least one coming everyday, it’s hard to get out of the house and run errands. He told us that he would be leaving the ones in the laundry room and the crawl space run till tomorrow and then it should be fine.
We’ve been told that the floor people for the wood floor will be here on Thursday to start work in the fridge area. Not a clue how long that’s going to take but for a job that was supposed to be done by last Thursday, it sure has taken a lot longer. At least with the machines out of the kitchen area, we can talk with out yelling.
The picture today is just some of the blowers and dehumidifiers running in the kitchen.