Sweet Mango Goes North

01 December 2008
01 December 2008 | Manly Harbour
30 November 2008 | Mooloolaba
30 November 2008 | Mooloolaba
27 November 2008
27 November 2008
27 November 2008
27 November 2008 | Pelican Bay - Wide Bay Bar
25 November 2008 | Yankee Jack's Creek
23 November 2008 | Bundaberg
22 November 2008
21 November 2008 | Port Bundaberg
20 November 2008
20 November 2008 | Pancake Creek
18 November 2008 | Gladstone Marina
17 November 2008
16 November 2008 | Monkey Beach Gt Keppel
15 November 2008 | Great Kepple Island
11 November 2008
08 November 2008 | Great Kepple Island

Finale

01 December 2008 | Manly Harbour
December 1st - To Brisbane
We left Mooloolaba at 04.00 am and arrived Manly Harbour at 1.00 pm on a calm, near windless, sunny day. We had the flood tide and up to an extra two knots of current with us most of the day.
The only distraction was when, for the first time in my sailing life, a voice came through on Channel 16 from a massive container ship. It was addressed to the sailing vessel ahead that was close to the main shipping channel. I suddenly realised that he was talking to me. It was a polite, clear English voice and he let me know that he was behind me and wanted to turn to starboard across my bows to enter the port of Brisbane. I, also politely, gave him permission to do so.

We have enjoyed such freedom in our cruising life over the past six months
Freedom to sail anywhere we felt like, dropping anchor in remote places, walking on deserted beaches. Freedom and the lack of the stresses of urban life. Freedom together with peace and quiet. And best of all Lorraine enjoyed it!
Now we are back in the land of rules and regulations. Don't do this, don't do that.
Why is this country so full of petty regulations, parking, block sizes, building regulations, bicycle helmets, parking, seatbelts, tree lopping, speed limits, shopping hours, grog sales, the list goes on and on.
Is it the convict heritage? It is certainly a dichotomy as Australians pride themselves on a casual, free and easy lifestyle and yet live under some of the pettiest regulations of any country in the developed world.
It makes you want to buy a boat and sail north.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sweet Mango
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter H33
Hailing Port: Brisbane Australia
Crew: Nick & Lorraine

Who: Nick & Lorraine
Port: Brisbane Australia