Sycorax in the Med

23 July 2013
09 July 2013 | Milazzo, Sicily
09 July 2013 | Sardinia
29 June 2013
28 June 2013
18 June 2013 | Granada
18 June 2013
15 June 2013 | Marina Bay, Gibraltar
04 June 2013 | Povoa de Varzim
29 May 2013
27 May 2013
10 May 2013 | Seaview, Isle of Wight
03 May 2013 | Chichester Marina & Hayling Bay

Time For The Talking To Stop

20 May 2013
It is almost two years since Gerry and I visited Corfu to escape from the dreadful UK summer of 2011 and where the seed was sewn. The idea of taking our own boat out to the Ionian germinated at the sight of yachts at anchor in various coves and harbours under clear blue skies with crew swimming in clean, warm water. Now, some twelve months since serious planning started and appropriate updates for the boat put in motion the time for talking is over and the time for action is here. The crew are all booked and scheduled and by this time next week we should be well on our way.

This last Saturday, however, was the date for the annual CCRC (Chichester Cruiser Racing Club) v CYC (Chichester Yacht Club) Bramidge Trophy Race with an evening dinner and entertainment courtesy of CYC. With SYCORAX completing final fit-out at her current berth in Chichester Marina it was the perfect opportunity to invite our many friends from CCRC on board for a farewell drinks party. Well CCRC never needs an excuse for a party and a good crowd filled the cabin and cockpit ensuring the sugar scoop was well submerged!! It was great to have Trevor and Monica Rose on board as they were the previous owners of our Swan and take a keen interest in how we look after her.

Next weekend CCRC sets off for the Club's 2013 Spring Cruise. Our one regret is that we will not be there to enjoy what is always a great couple of weeks. The itinerary is a great one, well thought out by our friends, Bob and Sue, who will be leading the cruise on their Dufour 365, INTREPID. We will, however, hear all about it in a few weeks' time when they fly out to Mahon to join us for the leg from Minorca to Sicily.

Although the weather is still rather unsettled with the jet-stream well south of its "normal" path I am not hearing or seeing any predictions of anything particularly nasty so anticipate a departure from Chichester this Friday or Saturday. Depending on the weather at that time we may head straight to our planned destination - Baiona, or make a brief stop in Falmouth or Roscoff for a further weather check and top up if necessary.

Hopefully the next update to this blog will be to report a safe arrival in Baiona. Don't forget, if you are interested, you can track our progress at
https://share.delorme.com/BrianDandridge
Comments
Vessel Name: Sycorax
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 36
Hailing Port: Chichester
Crew: Brian & Geraldine Dandridge
Social:

Who: Brian & Geraldine Dandridge
Port: Chichester