The Grander Scheme: s/v Northern Symphony

Another simple dream...Another crazy notion: To make a sequel to our Grand Scheme by making an extended great loop starting from our home in Nova Scotia. One boat, two so-called adults, one or two children, and one cat.

17 July 2011 | Mahone Bay, NS
13 July 2011 | Clarks Harbour, NS
04 July 2011 | Yarmouth, NS
22 June 2011 | Yarmouth, NS
20 June 2011 | Richmond, ME
19 June 2011 | Rockport, MA
16 June 2011 | Gloucester, MA
15 June 2011 | Sandwich, MA
13 June 2011 | Point Judith, RI
12 June 2011 | Mystic, CT
08 June 2011 | Mystic, CT
06 June 2011 | New York, NY
05 June 2011 | New York, NY
01 June 2011 | Baltimore, MD
23 May 2011 | Baltimore, MD
17 May 2011 | Baltimore, MD
16 May 2011 | Selby Beach, MD
15 May 2011 | Crisfield, MD
14 May 2011 | Cape Charles, VA
12 May 2011 | Norfolk, VA

My am I

12 January 2011 | Miami, FL
We have finally gotten to Miami! Just in time for another cold front with strong, cold winds from the north and cloudy skies...But cold is a relative thing: The cold temperatures here are still much warmer than what's happening back home or even just up in the northern part of the state.

We had a good fews days on the mooring in Fort Lauderdale: a couple of visits to the Beach, a spa visit for Anne, and a great lunch with a friend who lives there. Anne's back has been bothering her but a few days of rest and a good massage seem to have helped greatly so we decided to move on down to a marina in Miami to rest some more and to await Evelyn's return from the frozen north.

It was a short day, less than 20 miles, but there were eight bridges to pass so it took a little longer than it might otherwise. Coming out of the narrow ICW into the upper portion of Biscayne Bay was amazing: The water suddenly became very clear with the wonderful green and blue shades of the Caribbean and Leslie started commenting on things she could see on the bottom and the wildlife she could see below the surface. Our marina here has dolphins, manatees, and all manner of fish and birds as routine visitors! We wonder if people from here would find our pheasants and foxes as wild and exotic as we find the fauna here.
Comments
Vessel Name: Northern Symphony
Vessel Make/Model: 1990 Catalina 36, Tall Rig
Hailing Port: Lunenburg, NS
Crew: The Wightmans
About: Colin (skipper), Anne, Evelyn, Leslie, and Scourge-of-the-Sea, our boat kitty.
Northern Symphony's Photos - Main
From our 2010 visit
No Photos
Created 11 December 2010
A collection of photos showing various parts and stages of our refit during the spring of 2010
No Photos
Created 6 June 2010