The Grander Scheme: s/v Northern Symphony

Another simple dream...Another crazy notion: To make a sequel to our Grand Scheme by making an extended great loop starting from our home in Nova Scotia. One boat, two so-called adults, one or two children, and one cat.

17 July 2011 | Mahone Bay, NS
13 July 2011 | Clarks Harbour, NS
04 July 2011 | Yarmouth, NS
22 June 2011 | Yarmouth, NS
20 June 2011 | Richmond, ME
19 June 2011 | Rockport, MA
16 June 2011 | Gloucester, MA
15 June 2011 | Sandwich, MA
13 June 2011 | Point Judith, RI
12 June 2011 | Mystic, CT
08 June 2011 | Mystic, CT
06 June 2011 | New York, NY
05 June 2011 | New York, NY
01 June 2011 | Baltimore, MD
23 May 2011 | Baltimore, MD
17 May 2011 | Baltimore, MD
16 May 2011 | Selby Beach, MD
15 May 2011 | Crisfield, MD
14 May 2011 | Cape Charles, VA
12 May 2011 | Norfolk, VA

Kazrak the Silent Terror

01 June 2011 | Baltimore, MD
Anne
We did it again. Shortly after returning to the boat, Evelyn Leslie, and I abandoned Colin and went on another sojourn. We rented a car and drove to New York to visit my father. Colin had heaps of work to do, so he stayed here where it was blisteringly hot. We, on the other hand, had a long but uneventful drive in an air conditioned car followed by three days visiting with my father. While there, we went to see a local production of The Rose Tattoo by Tennessee Williams, which was extremely well acted, though Evelyn and Leslie didn't really like it. We even managed to squeeze in a visit with another couple of friends from college and their children.

Leslie finished her stuffed sock creature, Kazrak, and was quite proud of her accomplishment.

Now we have returned to Baltimore. Yesterday yet another college friend came here to visit us. Evelyn and Leslie took her daughter and husband out for a ride in the dinghy since we couldn't take the big boat out.

So we have now re-provisioned, drained and filled appropriate tanks, and made the boat as ship shape as we can in preparation for a reasonably early departure tomorrow morning.

Confession: We wimped out and have spent a couple of nights in a nice air conditioned hotel. It's SO much easier to deal with the furnace-like temperatures when we know we can come back to a cool room! It was also nice to celebrate Leslie's birthday with pizza and a movie in the room. But the heat prevented us from baking a cake, so we had to buy one.
Comments
Vessel Name: Northern Symphony
Vessel Make/Model: 1990 Catalina 36, Tall Rig
Hailing Port: Lunenburg, NS
Crew: The Wightmans
About: Colin (skipper), Anne, Evelyn, Leslie, and Scourge-of-the-Sea, our boat kitty.
Northern Symphony's Photos - Main
From our 2010 visit
No Photos
Created 11 December 2010
A collection of photos showing various parts and stages of our refit during the spring of 2010
No Photos
Created 6 June 2010