Tapas QCYC

Vessel Name: Tapas
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 37
Hailing Port: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Crew: Dwight and Carol Hamilton
19 May 2013
18 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay
16 May 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Abacos
14 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
13 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
12 May 2013
10 May 2013 | Bahamas
10 May 2013 | Elbow Cay
10 May 2013 | Elbow Cay
09 May 2013 | Mangoes marina, Abaco
08 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
26 April 2013 | Marsh Harbour Abacos
26 April 2013 | Abaco
26 April 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
26 April 2013 | Bahamas
26 April 2013 | Bahama Palm Shores, Abaco
20 April 2013 | Abacos
12 April 2013 | Abacos
10 April 2013 | Bahamas
09 April 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Bahamas
Recent Blog Posts
19 May 2013

Updated Blog

I added 9 new blog posts - Dwight's Alternative blog was the last one posted in April, Now have new additions! PS for all you followers of Dwight's musings, he did not add any since his Alternate Blog 4!

18 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay

Black Sound, Leeward Yacht Club

May 17 -18, 2013 Black Sound, Green Turtle Cay. Leeward Yacht Club and Marina

16 May 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Abacos

at Anchor, Fishers Bay

MAY 15- May 16 2013- Fishers Bay, Great Guana Cay.

14 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco

Dwight's BD

May 14, 2013- Dwight's Birthday. Fairly quiet day. Dwight wanted the 2 for 1 Pizza at Mangoes Restaurant and Key lime pie at Wally's Restaurant, so that is what was done! Ken and Deanna and Eni and Henry joined us for the birthday dinner celebration!

13 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco

Back to Mangoes Marina

May 13, 2013- Back to Mangoes Marina to sit out some weather

12 May 2013

Man-of-War Cay

May 11 - 12, 2013- Tilloo Bank to Man-of-War Cay to meet up with Allure

Fishers Bay

09 April 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Bahamas
Carol
April 8 2013- Fisher Bay, Great Guana Cay, Abacos
Left beautiful Hope Town and headed to Fisher Bay to anchor in the lee of the wind for a few days. The wind was to be East at about 10 knots, so we picked this anchorage for protection. The wind picked up (of course) and was gusting at 20 knots from the SE, but the anchor held and because we were in the lee of the island, we did not have much wave action. We stayed on board that day to make sure we did not drag and it was very pleasant to be at anchor for the first time in months! The next day we took the dingy and beached it in front of Grabbers, the local restaurant that is friendly to cruisers and who encourages cruisers at anchor to tie up to the beach. We wandered into the settlement, had lunch at Grabbers and had one of the “world” famous “Guana Grabbers” drinks. All the restaurants have “world” famous fruit/rum drinks it seems. We still have not found our favourite Bahamian mixed drink yet. However, the Pain Killers at Pussers in Annapolis is still the best yet in our books! After lunch we went to get back to the boat. Our dingy was high and dry about 20 feet from water, as the tide was dropping. No problem, we just have to push it to get to enough water to refloat. Easier said than done! Boy that Dingy and motor is very heavy when trying to push it in wet sand! We struggled and grunted and it hardly moved! Oh well, we were just thinking we will have to go back for another Guana Grabber ( or 2) and wait for the tide to rise in another 6 hours! HA HA! Luckily a very strong “young” man about 35 years old saw these two old Geezers trying to get the dingy into the water and ran over to help. The three of us pushed and pulled for several minutes. Our assistant said, “Boy, this dingy is heavy”!!! Dwight is thinking now we should get something lighter! I would disagree, as I liked having a young man come out to talk to us!
Now the sad part. Dwight went to do a check on the engine, as we had put a few hours of running time on it. SIGH!! Transmission oil is leaking in the pan. He topped up the transmission fluid and we will find out when we go to Man-of-War Cay tomorrow how bad the leak is. More to follow!
Comments

About & Links