Tapas QCYC

Vessel Name: Tapas
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 37
Hailing Port: Toronto, Ontario Canada
Crew: Dwight and Carol Hamilton
19 May 2013
18 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay
16 May 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Abacos
14 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
13 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
12 May 2013
10 May 2013 | Bahamas
10 May 2013 | Elbow Cay
10 May 2013 | Elbow Cay
09 May 2013 | Mangoes marina, Abaco
08 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
26 April 2013 | Marsh Harbour Abacos
26 April 2013 | Abaco
26 April 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
26 April 2013 | Bahamas
26 April 2013 | Bahama Palm Shores, Abaco
20 April 2013 | Abacos
12 April 2013 | Abacos
10 April 2013 | Bahamas
09 April 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Bahamas
Recent Blog Posts
19 May 2013

Updated Blog

I added 9 new blog posts - Dwight's Alternative blog was the last one posted in April, Now have new additions! PS for all you followers of Dwight's musings, he did not add any since his Alternate Blog 4!

18 May 2013 | Green Turtle Cay

Black Sound, Leeward Yacht Club

May 17 -18, 2013 Black Sound, Green Turtle Cay. Leeward Yacht Club and Marina

16 May 2013 | Great Guana Cay, Abacos

at Anchor, Fishers Bay

MAY 15- May 16 2013- Fishers Bay, Great Guana Cay.

14 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco

Dwight's BD

May 14, 2013- Dwight's Birthday. Fairly quiet day. Dwight wanted the 2 for 1 Pizza at Mangoes Restaurant and Key lime pie at Wally's Restaurant, so that is what was done! Ken and Deanna and Eni and Henry joined us for the birthday dinner celebration!

13 May 2013 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco

Back to Mangoes Marina

May 13, 2013- Back to Mangoes Marina to sit out some weather

12 May 2013

Man-of-War Cay

May 11 - 12, 2013- Tilloo Bank to Man-of-War Cay to meet up with Allure

Back in Marsh Harbour

12 April 2013 | Abacos
Carol
Friday April 12- April 26, 2013- Back to Marsh Harbour, Abaco
Came back to Marsh Harbour and will remain at anchor until Monday when we will head once again into the Mangoes Marina to prepare for the mechanic to look at our engine.
We spent 3 pleasant days at anchor. As usual, we have many social activities. That is the one advantage of never leaving a place; you get people coming out to the boat to invite you to join them. We had happy hour on Tortuga one evening. The evening started with fine weather and then a thunderstorm struck. Dwight raced back to the boat just in time to close the hatches! He stayed on the boat for about 30 minutes making sure we did not drag as the wind swung 360 degrees during the storm, and the rain was pelting down. Only one large Catamaran dragged in the anchorage. The next night we were invited to play cards on Signature III, who are friends from Mangoes Marina. That evening lasted until 2:30AM!!! We learned a new game called ‘GOLF’ and I had beginners luck!!
The next day we took the dingy into town and walked to the “Castle”. It is a very interesting story about the “doctor” who built it. I would recommend reading “Out-Island Doctor” by Evan Cottman, which tells his story of coming to the Bahamas after retiring from teaching and how circumstances lead him to getting a license to be a “doctor”. Fabulous stories about the Bahamas in the 1950-1970’s.
On one of our walks we got invited into the home of Penny Turtle, who was infamous in the Bahamas apparently. Her relatives are renovating the home and were very proud to show us around and tell us tails of how Penny started the sport fishing derby’s in the islands and other stories about her and her husband.
Now we are at Mangoes Marina again tied up. The mechanic of course told us what we knew was wrong. Dwight already commented on the fact it is almost 2 weeks and we still do not have the engine parts. At the time of writing this, the parts should come in Monday!!!!
I can tell Dwight is getting a bit “out of sorts” with the whole engine thing! Can you believe it; he even asked our friends if they wanted to play cards the other night. Dwight??? Play cards??? He must be getting desperate.
One pleasant surprise we had is Lee and Miriam Maguire, parents of a QCYC acquaintance, Jonathan Maguire, recognized our burgee and came over to say hi! The funny part is that Miriam looked at Dwight and said “I know you from Ryerson when you were in journalism”!!! Can you believe that?!?!
Comments

About & Links