Still in Turtle Bay Again!
02 November 2014
El Gato Negro
We all waited for roll call this morning and to hear the latest weather report on tropical storm Vance and the recommendations from Commanders Weather. Commanders was recommending that we not go due to high winds coming down the canyons and the possible rough seas. Passage Weather and other weather apps didn't confirm that so great discussion followed. Finally roll was called and each was to say whether they wanted to stay or go. Of course humans being what they are no one could really answer with their boat name and yes or no so on it dragged. It turned out that about 90 boats said no so our leader said he would stay. About 40 boats decided to go and one poor guy volunteered to be the net controller and will be busy on the radio.
It looks as though they will have a good sail down to Santa Maria but they could encounter a south swell running into the North winds and could be rough. But they will be 250 miles closer to Cabo than us and we could have rough seas for longer but time will tell. We need Vance to make up his mind where he is headed and hopefully that will happen in the next 24 hours.
The fleet underway is split between going into Santa Maria or Mag Bay so we will hear more on the morning net. If we end up here for a few more days we may just pass on Santa Maria and go to Cabo depending on weather. But we could be here for a long time if Vance doesn't cooperate. I've been stuck here before for 11 days and I'm ready to go sailing as the rest of the crew is.
Anyway, one more day of Internet and if I don't post tomorrow it means we have taken off or Sailblogs has cut me off because PayPal can't seem to get their act together in re upping my subscription and I can't do it from here unless I want to give every one down here my credit card info.
Barbecued arrarachera (Mexican marinated flank steak) last night with mashed potatoes and broccoli finished off with Oreos. Waiting for my quesadilla lunch and then a nap. So standing by to stand by!!!