Tarian's Travels!

Mitsi’s own swim ladder!

28 July 2013
Stella
We have been unable to get Mitsi comfortable swimming straight into deep water – we have tried her with her life jacket on, lifting her into the water….but she looks terrified and swims all in a panic…..so we lift her back out again. Today we were in a calanque, where you take stern lines to the rocks and anchor forward because calanque’s are generally small inlets and no room to swing a cat….even a small one like ours! We had very little water under the stern and today was very hot, so Stu decided to tie the boarding ladder on to allow mits to enter the water…..bingo…..as you can see from the pics, mits is now kinda happy to go in for a dip to cool off…..even if her back legs were shaking like jelly on a plate…..so fingers crossed she will be able to do this in deeper water. We worked on the ropes changing them a few times…then getting her to test it out each time we made an alteration…..finally we got the right rope solution, although the last time we did have to tempt her with biscuits…. lol….as she was knackered swimming off and on the ladder umpteen times! Next time we are anchor in deeper water we will try it again, hopefully she will go for it….watch this space. More pics in Bonifacio folder…..which from the sea looks like its about to calapse into the rocks below – very impressive place.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK