Tarian's Travels!

One year of the dream….

30 July 2013
Stuart
Reflections on the journey….
For me the best thing about our travels has been the people we have met along the way… There are good people and bad people everywhere…. Maybe we have been lucky, but the good FAR FAR outweigh the bad… everywhere we go people are friendly and keen to help whenever they can… we have been given great advice on loads of things, we have been given all sorts of bits and bobs to make life a bit easier. Mike and Deirdre gave us an inverter that has proved invaluable, we use it every time we turn on the engine to run our fridge, and use it constantly to charge up our lap top phones and what have you… Ron and Julie have also contributed significantly with fenders, hooks and best of all there time… Bear in mind they are both bus pass owners…. They both helped Stel and me give Tarians’ bottom a well needed scrub…. Both standing waste deep in the sea armed with scrapers and big smiles, it was a day that I will remember for a long time to come… we have spent many happy nights with them and all the guys we met along the way… the people have been GREAT… Yes even you Chris ( I hope you still read the blog from time to time ) I may never make a free diver, but I have been using my snorkel a lot and at least trying to do what u showed me ( I draw the line at yoga though…. That’s only for girls and soft northern twats)
It might be a cliché but every part of the trip seems to have got a bit better than the last….
Since we decided to stay in and around Sardinia and Corsica the pressure to get to Greece has gone, so we have been able to slow down… yes I know that sounds crazy, hardly stressful living on a boat in the med, but trust me spending every day pushing to get somewhere is a bit stressful… The cruising ground here is truly world class… its full of mega yachts’ and you can see why, spectacular scenery, crystal clear seas, amazing bays and beaches, and best if all a ready supply of Viagra… OK we were given some buy another of our good friends Steve and Carol, it has taken me a year to persuade Stell to give it a go, that was a very nice anniversary present…. 
As I have said before I was more than a bit worried about spending 24/7/365 with Stel but we seem to have come though unscathed… in fact we are probably a lot closer now than before we left…
That’s enough for now
Over and out
Cap’n Stu
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK