Tarian's Travels!

Waiting for a westerly!

05 September 2013
Stuart
As our season is nearing an end we have slowed right down, as we don’t have very far to go to our winter storage destination. We are currently in Saint Florent, anchored just outside the marina, this give us most of the advantages of being inside a marina without the €40 per night which is mid- season price now we are in September(In August it would have been €65).
Saint Florent is right at the south-western edge of the infamous cap corse. We didn’t know Cap corse was infamous until we did some research. It is a long finger of rock about 30nm long, 10nm wide at the top end of Corsica – by all accounts it needs treating with extra respect as wind gets pushed up around the top. The upshot of all of this means, as we are not short of time at the moment, we can afford to wait for good conditions before we move. We have to consider not only the wind & weather on the day of moving, but also the ongoing wind direction, as we will not want anything with a Easterly when we arrive at the anchorage on the east side. The bay here at Saint Florent is lovely, nestled at the foot of some very pretty mountains’. Great dog walking beaches and all the facilities required to keep Stel happy – Launderette, big supermarket, good WIFI & plenty of bars….
We have both started the search for jobs which is strangely exciting after over a year of being part of the great unwashed. Lets hope Stel can find a nice well paid job so I can continue to be a lazy kept man! That said if anyone wants any odd jobs done I can be hired at very reasonable rates 
Captn’ Stu
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK