Tarian's Travels!

1st Blog of the season

06 June 2014 | Corsica
Stella
A very dear friend of ours said it was “terrible” that we hadn’t done a blog update…..so I thought I had better get to work on our first update of this season – not much to report…..

We arrived back very pleased to see Tarian looking good and no problems except a couple of mouldy pillows. The first week was spent anti fouling her bottom (a job we had never had to do before, as baleout had copperbott), polishing and doing various other maintenance jobs. We had booked our lift in for 7 days after our arrival…..however this is manyana territory and there was nothing in the diary, so we had to wait a little longer living on the hardstanding having to pee in a bucket at night….living the dream  We were finally lifted back in 14 days after our arrival, so you can imagine, we were very happy to be back on the water with a working loo!
We were not in a rush to set sail, as we were paid upto the end of the month and the wind was in the wrong direction, so we continued with the many many jobs that need to be done on a boat.

We are now in Bonifacio, having stopped in a marina for the night, anchored up in Porto Vecchio and one of our favorite anchoring spots Rondinara bay which has turquoise blue water and a beautiful sandy beach. In Bonifacio there is a marina, however we choose to moor in the clanque which is a narrow inlet with rock faces either side, which has rings with ropes attached that you pick up to moor you boat – as per post picture. So far no one has arrived to take our money….

Along the way, we have (well i) lost my phone in the sea….what a heart stopping moment actually seeing your phone plop into the drink and there not a thing you can do about it! We have incurred more vets bills – for those of you who adore our little monkey….you will know she was diagnosed with underactive thyroid, however she was showing signs of over active thyroid, so had her bloods checked and sure enough she now has too much thyroxin…so we have stopped her meds and will re test again in a few weeks to see what her own thyroid gland is up to…..that will please the Capt’n….another vet bill to come.

The weather was quiet changeable in the 1st couple of weeks, however it is currently hot and sunny and the outlook looks good. Tomorrow we are off to get the car and in a few days we will be taking it on the ferry to Sardinia. In the meantime we will use the car to see some more sights inland on the south of this beautiful island.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tarian
Vessel Make/Model: Gemini 105 MC
Hailing Port: Chichester, UK
Crew: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)

Who: Stuart, Stella & Mitsi (the boxer dog)
Port: Chichester, UK