Kristen and Rick's Great Adventure

Getting ready to jump into the cruising life with both feet!

11 April 2009 | Kabul
03 September 2008 | Daytona Beach
01 September 2008 | 26'46.174"N 81'23.271"W
31 August 2008 | Ft Myers Beach Mooring field
30 August 2008 | Same as yesterday
29 August 2008 | 26'27.362"N 81'57.036W
28 August 2008 | Boca Grande
26 August 2008 | Clearwater, Fla
25 August 2008 | Hellson...I mean Hudson
22 August 2008 | ???
20 August 2008
20 August 2008 | Hudson, Fl
19 August 2008 | Hudson, Fl
17 August 2008 | Hudson, Fl
17 August 2008 | Yes, still in Hudson
14 August 2008 | Still in Hudson
13 August 2008 | Hudson, Fl
06 August 2008 | Charlotte, NC
02 August 2008 | Still on I-10
02 August 2008 | Somewhere on I-10 East

Midnight Excitement

14 August 2008 | Still in Hudson
Stormy
Pic is of the port side of the main cabin with our hammock-o-plenty. Also added some pics to the album.

At exactly 0042 last night, we were rather rudely awakened by the boat heeling hard to starboard and the wind and rain roaring hurricane style. We looked at each other in utter amazement for a second before springing to action. I jumped out of the rack and secured all the hatches and stepped up to the companionway steps to watch the show. When I say the wind and rain were roaring, I am not exagerating. It was loud! I was worried we would lose the bimini and dodger. I checked the inclinometer and saw we were heeled 15 degrees! Now, out to sea and sailing, this is a good thing. Tied up in a slip with other boats around....not a good thing. I logged on and checked the radar and sat-images and saw that it was about to end. Whew! The morning revealed that our boat survived the Perfect Squall with no damage. Other boats had biminis damaged and unsecured gear was strewn about.

Got more work done today. I fought a long and difficult battle with the alcohol stove and only surrendered after damn near burning the boat down. A simple propane camping stove now sits atop the P.O.S. alcohol unit. Death by Wal-Mart is a distinct possibility at this point. We are so ready to get our butts out of here and out to sea! But now we are closely watching a tropical system down near Puerto Rico. Gotta see what that will do before leaving the relative security of the marina. And I do mean relative!

On a side note, we went to the movies tonight and saw Tropic Thunder. I give it two thumbs up for mindless fun. Robert Downey Jr should get an Academy Award for his performance alone! Lots of stars and plenty of laughs.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tiki
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan Out Island 33
Hailing Port: Charlotte, NC
Crew: Rick and Kristen
About: Sitting on the "G" and waiting for the "O"
Extra: The trip to Luperon was the proverbial straw. It's on! Oh yes....it is ON!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/tbd

Cruise 08

Who: Rick and Kristen
Port: Charlotte, NC