True Colours Voyage 2008 - 2010

25 October 2010 | Back Across the Atlantic, West to East
01 August 2010 | Last Stop before the crossing home
09 June 2010 | BVI's
17 May 2010 | Dominican Republic
09 April 2010 | Haiti
03 April 2010 | Jamaica, Cuba, Jamaica
12 March 2010
11 February 2010 | From Venezuela to the ABC Islands
14 November 2009 | Venezuela
01 October 2009 | Los Testigos
03 September 2009 | Grenada
05 August 2009 | Grenada
07 June 2009 | Wallilabou, St Vincent
28 May 2009 | St Pierre and Petit Anse D'Arlet
28 May 2009 | 15 52.0'N:61 35.4'W
14 May 2009
26 April 2009 | All over the place!

Bequia (again) and Mayreau

08 June 2009
After 3 nights in Wallilabou we sailed the short distance down to Bequai to anchor in almost exactly the same spot we'd chosen on our way north about a month ago.

Emma, a hairdresser from London who now lives in Bequai, gave Fi a well-needed haircut and, what with that and the discovery that you can buy Dax wax in Bequai, we celebrated with a chow mein. Yes folks! A Chinese meal - yippee! Something that, I hate to admit, we've been missing since leaving the UK.

Adonde anchored behind us the next day and we invited them over for sundowners. Poor Neil and Tracy found themselves being bombarded with questions, questions, questions that evening with regard to cruising Margarita and Venezuela but they were extremely helpful and made us feel a lot happier and relaxed about our venture westwards in a few months' time.

We checked out of St Vincent and the Grenadines and headed down towards Grenada but stopped at Mayreau, an island adjacent to Tobago Cays, on the way down. What a stunning anchorage, sheltered from the windward side of the island by a narrow strip of land which is mostly sand and palm trees. A small resort is hidden amongst the trees but it was very quiet and peaceful despite quite a few charter boats and day-trip catamarans coming and going.

We had some great snorkelling, seeing fish we haven't seen until now, and explored the beaches which were all long, sandy and deserted, and walked up the (very steep!) new road that takes you to the top of a hill with stunning 360ยบ views and then down into Saline Bay which is another anchorage. The walk back was equally hot and steep but well worth the effort. By 1130 we had more than exceeded our exercise requirements for a Sunday so we lazed away the afternoon onboard, reading and relaxing in the beautiful, peaceful surroundings of the bay.
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colours
Vessel Make/Model: Nicholson 35
Hailing Port: Gosport
Crew: Dave Dog and Fi
About: Please call in from time to time and leave a comment (we're thick-skinned!) - makes it worthwhile if we know it's being looked at!
Extra: This Voyage has been and gone but we hope it may not be the last so watch out for us again someday....

True Colours

Who: Dave Dog and Fi
Port: Gosport
Hello there, thank you for visiting our blog - please come back often and leave us your comments (friendly ones preferred!)