True Colours Voyage 2008 - 2010

25 October 2010 | Back Across the Atlantic, West to East
01 August 2010 | Last Stop before the crossing home
09 June 2010 | BVI's
17 May 2010 | Dominican Republic
09 April 2010 | Haiti
03 April 2010 | Jamaica, Cuba, Jamaica
12 March 2010
11 February 2010 | From Venezuela to the ABC Islands
14 November 2009 | Venezuela
01 October 2009 | Los Testigos
03 September 2009 | Grenada
05 August 2009 | Grenada
07 June 2009 | Wallilabou, St Vincent
28 May 2009 | St Pierre and Petit Anse D'Arlet
28 May 2009 | 15 52.0'N:61 35.4'W
14 May 2009
26 April 2009 | All over the place!

Kye visits Dad with Claire

05 August 2009 | Grenada
Well, after nearly getting detained at the airport for not knowing the name and location of "Daddy's yacht" (i.e. the address at which they were staying) Kye and Claire were finally released to us by Customs and Immigration and we all jumped in Spice's taxi with Chris and Dave who had returned on the same flight and headed to St David's.

We spent the first few days "chillaxing", with evenings at the Bel Air Plantation where Janus, Gylfi and Fred kept us entertained; we swam up the (Orinoco?) river (well, 2 rivers as it happened...), hunted for seabeans (Kye became almost as addicted to this as us!) and generally had a good time.

A short, fairly lumpy but easy sail brought us back down to Woburn where we based ourselves for the rest of their holiday. Kye and Claire went off on one of Cutty's island tours and were lucky enough to meet the Mona monkeys up in the rainforest on the trip.

We did quite a few other things though - went into St George's for the day; did Burger Night at Clarks Court Bay Marina; had a trip to a beach resort where there was bbq, music and snorkelling; celebrated Colin's (our new friends on Solar Quest, Colin/Ricky) birthday playing Wi bowling and pool; went out snorkelling on Pano's boat followed by a few hours on Hog Island; went to Fish Fryday at Guauve where we saw a 40-strong steel band; joined in the Woburn Sunday night carnival build-up celebrations, and on their last evening had dinner in the Little Dipper where we were joined by Chris and Dave.

So, all in all, a fairly busy schedule but Kye and Claire both managed to catch a few rays as well so that they could go home with a bit more colour than they had when they arrived.

Although they are the youngest visitors we've had, they must have been the most restrained drinkers onboard yet! The fortnight went extremely quickly and before we knew it they were off again. Dave has loved spending time with one of his Sons out here and they have both got great memories of this time spent together.
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colours
Vessel Make/Model: Nicholson 35
Hailing Port: Gosport
Crew: Dave Dog and Fi
About: Please call in from time to time and leave a comment (we're thick-skinned!) - makes it worthwhile if we know it's being looked at!
Extra: This Voyage has been and gone but we hope it may not be the last so watch out for us again someday....

True Colours

Who: Dave Dog and Fi
Port: Gosport
Hello there, thank you for visiting our blog - please come back often and leave us your comments (friendly ones preferred!)