The Sailing Rosenthals

01 January 2014 | Portsmouth, Dominica
01 January 2014 | Portsmouth, Dominica
01 January 2014 | Deshaies & Les Saintes, Guadeloupe
01 January 2014 | Jolly Harbor, Antigua
18 December 2013 | Jolly Harbor, Antigua
08 December 2013 | Basse Terre, St. Kitts
12 November 2013 | Brewer's Bay, St. Thomas, USVI
14 August 2013 | Salinas,Puerto Rico
13 August 2013 | Salinas, Puerto Rico
15 December 2012 | Salinas, Puerto Rico
01 March 2012 | Irving, Texas (temporarily)
18 February 2010 | St. Thomas, USVI
07 November 2009 | Salinas, Puerto Rico
01 August 2009 | Luperon AND Atlanta
30 July 2009 | Luperon, DR
26 July 2009 | Luperon, Dominican Republic
20 July 2009 | Luperon, Dominican Republic
20 July 2009 | Luperon, Dominican Republix
16 July 2009 | Luperon, Dominican Republic

CLODS (Cruisers Living on Dirt)

01 March 2012 | Irving, Texas (temporarily)
Connie Rosenthal
It has been over 2 years since I have posted a log - egad! The first year of that was spent living and working in St. Thomas and St. John. Te Oigo was happily anchored or moored in Great Cruz Bay for most of that time. Bruce and I worked for Calypso Catamarans and I also worked doing Magic Milk Sand Art - which I loved. I worked at the Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas, and happily rode the ferry over and back to do so. It was a wonderfully creative and rewarding job.

Last April, we kept seeing reports of hail and tornadoes in the south. We also kept getting emails from our "Real" employer asking us to be prepared to possibly get deployed to work as insurance adjusters. On Wednesday April 20th, while at work in St. T, I got the call to work. We were to report to work in Dallas, TX on Friday morning at 7 a.m. We had 42 hours to get the boat from St. John to St. Thomas, get all sails stripped, solar panels off, everything put away, clothes and kitty packed and hop a $1600 flight. Good thing this work pays well cause I had to beg the credit card company to expand my limit in order to get off island. Te Oigo got put on the hard at a boat yard and we hit Wal-Mart in Dallas to buy "grown people" clothes and shoes. We've been here ever since with a brief 6 week break for the birth of our grandson, Mikey. Will we ever see our lovely Te Oigo again?

We are hoping to be released in short order and after a little bit of stateside visiting - we are Island Bound! Can't wait to get back to the boat. Just wondering if she will give us the cold-shoulder or welcome us back. Gonna get her bottom scrubbed and painted and then head down the string of pearls, leisurely making our way and then spend the hurricane season in the Golfo de Cariaco, Venezuela. We are truly looking forward to it. Gonna hang out around Medregal Village and explore the whole area (staying away from the piratical areas) but plan to explore Los Roques, Isla Tortuga, Blanquilla and all the other lovely places as well as the neat little villages of the Golfo. We are encouraging others to come with us and may already have a few enlistments. Would love to have you join us!!

So - hopefully our year of being CLODS is concluding and we can go back to our real lives on the good ship Te Oigo.

Comments
Vessel Name: Gitanos
Vessel Make/Model: Morgan 41 OI
Hailing Port: Currently Brewer's Bay, USVI
Crew: Bruce & Connie Rosenthal
About:
Happily married since 1991, parents of two great daughters - Micah and Sloane (and her hubby Michael and our new grandson, Mikey). Bought the orignal boat in 2005, moved aboard in 2006, fulltime cruising since March 2009. Bought new boat Gitanos in May 2012, currently in Salinas, PR. [...]
Extra: We'd like to give kudos to our morale officer, our kitty Misa, who may faithfully be relied upon to give unconditional love and support.
Home Page: www.geocities.com/carrabellebound
Gitanos's Photos - Main
Lipari, Hunaman, Deshaies, Les Saintes
12 Photos
Created 1 January 2014
Sandwich and Fuego Fire Dancing, Buck and the pup
6 Photos
Created 1 January 2014
96 Photos
Created 23 July 2009