S/V Zephyr

LIFE IS AN ADVENTURE OR NOTHING AT ALL.

24 February 2014 | Elton, PA

Oriental, NC

16 November 2010 | Sailing Captial of NC
Warm with showers
We are just having such a nice time! Cruising is everything we'd dreamed it would be and more. We're here in Oriental where we have cousins. Just got back from Bob and Gay's where we were treated to a fantastic dinner and wonderful company. Always so good to get to spend time with them.
Today I was wearing shorts and a T shirt and was quite comfy. We decided to stay an extra day because they were calling for big winds and rains today, and besides, we are having such a nice time visiting with Dean and Chrissey (and Stella) on Rubaiyat, and the crew on Moonshine. It's true, crusisers are really nice folks!
Tomorrow we're casting off to head to the military marina at Cherry Point where we will keep the boat while we visit Auntie Gladys in Morehead until after Thanksgiving. It's only two hours away and so we don't have to get up at 5 AM, hooray. With the shortened daylight of the season, we're adjusting to the cruiser's clock: sail at first light because it gets dark so early.
A note for Pete and Pokey- the folks at Dowry Creek send their best regards, said you were a real fun couple and look forward to seeing you again.
A note for Carlos - thanks for all the sage advice. Everything you told us was right on. Hope those stripers are hopping in your boat!
All is well on Zephyr.
Standing by,
CC