Made it to Mexico
31 January 2012
Sherry, Warm & Sunny
Sorry for the delay in the blog post but we have been unable t connect with internet. We were unable to leave Placencia to head to Tobacco Cay as the rain and high winds are still upon us. We are getting very anxious and have the need to proceed.
We went into town today to pick up some fresh fruit, veggies, and meats for our next leg of travel. It would appear that the weather is changing. The temperatures are still 29 C, or 84 F that never seems to change much. There has been on the average of 15-18 boats anchored here in Placencia Belize waiting for better weather most if not all are heading to Roatan Honduras, over the past few days some boats have left only to return a few hours later due to rough sea's. With news from back home regarding the US ambassador to Guatemala and his 6 year old son being shot & killed it appears we just might have got out of there in time, as I'm sure this will cause a few issues. We finally Managed to find dad his Canadian Rye (Crown Royal) so he is very happy.
We filled our water tanks and prepared ourselves to finally leave Placencia and start heading north, we anchored the first night at Sapoadillo lagoon it was very tranquil. We then made our way to Tobacco Cay, on route I finally managed to catch a fish ( Yellow-tail Snapper) I cooked it up for a snack after we anchored, it was delicious. January 20,
We made our way to Belize City (sugar berth A & b) this is where the cruise ships anchor, after a rough day at sea it was nice to anchor and have a sun-downer in the cockpit while watching a cruise ship go by us. It has been raining on and off the last few days, although it pretty much goes away as fast as it comes on it is still a pain opening and closing the cockpit enclosure many times a day. Hopefully this will stop soon.
We made our way to San Pedro Belize and was it rough, dad said we will sleep good tonight (If we don't have nightmares lol) We are safe and sound behind the Reef.
The wind grew to around 20-25 knots out of the east and the seas were around 4 meters some of them 5-6 meters.January 28,
We have made our way to Cozumel Mexico which is just outside Cancun. The weather was not good so we had to wait for a good weather window and that never came until yesterday the 27th. The seas were a bit lumpy to start, but by 15:00 hrs they calmed down to what the forecast was suppose to be and we had a good sail. We left San Pedro at 08:00 and arrived at Cozumel at 10:30 we did 6-6.8 knots and the following morning we were doing 7.6 knots. Todd is checking us in as we speak with the Port Captain and then we will wait the arrival of the Navy to board and go through the boat and do there stuff. Turns out that we were not able to finish our check- in until tomorrow as the Port Captain only works until 13:00 hrs on the weekend, so Sunday we will finish the check-in and then sail to Puerto Aventuras but unfortunately they were on Island time so 08:00 is more like 09:30 hrs. Have added some pictures when I have better internet I will add the rest.