On the move
31 January 2014 | Lake Worth
Here we sit in Lake Worth waiting for this cold front to pass through and the winds to start to clock (which they are) and the seas to calm down. It started to rain on Wednesday morning and hasn't stopped. It might slow down for a short period then it picks up again and starts to pour. The weather called for 2"-3" of rain over Wednesday and Thursday into Friday morning and that's what we got if not more. The bilge has been behaving itself and all is good. We are going to dinghy into town today and I will post some blogs as long as it doesn't rain. ( my rain gear got left in the truck). The weather has been warm hovering around the 20-21 degree Celsius but it has been damp.
Todd is outside with the squeegee cleaning the isinglass on the cockpit. Over the Coarse of the last few days with the rain kitty once again has been agitated but she was able to go out on deck this morning so it would appear she is much happier now and so are we. We are now waiting for a weather window to cross to the Bahamas. The weather is still a little unstable for the next day or two but we are keeping a close eye on it. We found out that over the last few days we have one hatch over the settee that leaks when it rains of coarse we also have a few leaks in our cockpit canvas (very minor) so it's time to treat it so we can sit out there when it rains and stay dry as it would appear they are right where we sit ( of course ). It would appear were going to try and cross to the Bahamas tomorrow Saturday it is going to be a 19 hr sail.