Sailing the Jezebel

Read Our Adventures on our New Boat !

16 April 2014 | norfolk
16 April 2014 | Norfolk Virginia
10 April 2014
22 March 2014
22 March 2014
22 March 2014
21 March 2014
20 March 2014
19 March 2014
18 March 2014
12 March 2014 | Still here
01 March 2014 | Still in Cold Virginia
09 February 2014 | The North Pole, I think.
17 January 2014 | Norfolk VA
16 January 2014 | Norfolk Virginia
20 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
20 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
08 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
01 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
28 November 2013 | Norfolk Virginia

Cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning

17 November 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
sureibu
Cleaning! Cleaning and painting is what I spend my days doing but the progress I am seeing is such a big reward. As you can see from the picture and know from previous writing that the V-berth is my first big project. I am very proud of how it is coming along and hope to finish it tomorrow. We are having to use it as a storage and closet for now as the Captain's statesroom is being dismantled for a complete refitting.

We haven't really gotten a lot accomplished in the last two days as we had our first guests aboard yesterday and last night and then had to run back to the big marine store in Virginia Beach today to get plumbing parts. We did do some studying tonight on the Intracoastal Waterway; figuring out where and where we cannot go with our supposed 6ft. keel. I am of the opinion from looking that our keel is more than 6ft. and I think most agree with that. We also started looking over the navigation rules. Boy do I have a lot of cramming to do...there is a lot to this sailing that I never knew. Funny how (if you have never done it) you think that you can just get on the boat and go...it isn't nearly that easy.

Captain Mike is in the process of trying to find the few things that we still need to even be able to get underway, such as a marine GPS, batteries (and it takes a lot of very expensive batteries), a generator and a welder. We are suppose to pick up a generator tomorrow and run a few more errands here and there which will end up taking all day since everything here is so spread out and then it will back to the grind on Tuesday.

I also wanted to write and let the friends from Texas know that the weather here is just as screwy as your weather there. It was a beautiful, warm morning; I even put shorts on. Two hours later, when we arrived at West Marine for the plumbing parts, it was windy and cold...go figure!

Fair winds and keep the eye on the cheeseburgers....;)
Comments
Vessel Name: jezebel
Vessel Make/Model: 53' Steel Ketch
Hailing Port: Looking for a good one !
Crew: Captain Mike, First Mate sureibu
About: A Mean Ole Captain and an awesome first mate, one more galley wench coming.

The jezebel

Who: Captain Mike, First Mate sureibu
Port: Looking for a good one !