Sailing the Jezebel

Read Our Adventures on our New Boat !

16 April 2014 | norfolk
16 April 2014 | Norfolk Virginia
10 April 2014
22 March 2014
22 March 2014
22 March 2014
21 March 2014
20 March 2014
19 March 2014
18 March 2014
12 March 2014 | Still here
01 March 2014 | Still in Cold Virginia
09 February 2014 | The North Pole, I think.
17 January 2014 | Norfolk VA
16 January 2014 | Norfolk Virginia
20 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
20 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
08 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
01 December 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
28 November 2013 | Norfolk Virginia

Hot Tamales!!

20 November 2013 | Norfolk Virginia
sureibu
Another two full days! Yesterday was a very productive day as far getting things done on the actual boat and yet again, it was one of those days when little irritating, fixable problems just keep popping up. Today was very productive in that we were out and about all day but we finally got a welder and a generator and one of the six batteries that we will need.

The diesel holding tanks are now empty. It took most of the afternoon yesterday to get it done but it is done. While the tanks were being emptied, I was toddling around here doing some painting and trimming out some from the day before when I noticed that the carpet was wet (again) in the same spot as a few days before. OK...no big deal. Captain Mike is in the engine room taking care of the holding tank pumping thing so I just shut the water off. Captain Mike can deal with that once the tanks are empty. Not an hour later, we loss all power to the ship! The engine room goes dark so Captain Mike definitely notices this without my having to relay the bad news. I go to the marina bathroom to see if the power is on there and it is. I go to our power main to check the breaker and see that that is not the problem, not noticing that the plug was completely burnt up (as you can see by the picture)!

Captain Mike goes out then to check and finds the burnt up plug; comes back grumbling about the plug that had probably been on there a long time and was probably a very old plug. Another hour and the tanks are empty and we are once again heading to West Marine - a 35 minute drive away. Plug bought, dinner ate, another bilge pump bought and a couple more quick errands and we get back and finally get the power going again around 11:00 pm! Sooo thankful that I have a Captain that is proficient at almost everything! :)

Today was spent running the above mentioned errands purchasing much needed equipment to get this baby in the water by December 1. Yes, that is still the goal but all reality will probably push it back a week or so. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to set the jezebel in the water on Thanksgiving day??? Wellllll.....a first mate can dream can't she???

No blogs until Sunday....we have company coming and will be busy having fun until then. Happy sails!!
Comments
Vessel Name: jezebel
Vessel Make/Model: 53' Steel Ketch
Hailing Port: Looking for a good one !
Crew: Captain Mike, First Mate sureibu
About: A Mean Ole Captain and an awesome first mate, one more galley wench coming.

The jezebel

Who: Captain Mike, First Mate sureibu
Port: Looking for a good one !