Sailing South on Solitude

John, Penni & Timmy 2024

Expedited 2 day delivery in 5 days

Yes, the sail parts arrived today at 1 pm. Bloody UPS! We had already decided to stay the day and get some jobs done. It was pretty cold again last night so we were glad to be at a marina with electricity for heat. We are also grateful that this marina has been very reasonable cost wise. We achieved a lot today - sail repairs, carpet cleaned and aired, floors cleaned and laundry done. I decided to dry the clothes English style- hanging them out to dry rather than putting them in a dryer. In America the homeowners associations usually don't allow you to hang your washing out on a line. I did try breaking the rules once when we lived in Georgia, but the clothes were as hard as cardboard after half an hour in the summer sun, and dusty. I abandoned my rebellion and have embraced the ease of putting clothes in the dryer ever since. But today was a sunny and windy day and the lifelines (fence around the boat) make a great washing line. So we have dry clothes with a summer freshness you just can't get from a dryer(even with Gain dryer sheets). We plan to get to Daytona Beach tomorrow but it has been nice to have some time to establish some routines here - namely, taking Timmy for an evening walk to the 'European Village', eating dinner at one of their delightful restaurants- and then coming home for dessert (usually chocolate). Speaking of which - Happy Valentine's Day!


Comments