Sailing South on Solitude

John, Penni & Timmy 2024

Back to Reality

It is 7am and here we are on the ICW heading south. The last couple of days have consisted of completing boat jobs and enjoying time with family and friends. Hoisting John up the mast was something I had not been looking forward to. Such a responsibility. John was well organized with a special seat attached to two ropes (lines). One rope hoisted him up, the other was a safety line. The lines were around the winches, so I winched him up a couple of feet- using all the strength I could muster, then went to the other winch to tighten up the safety line. I felt very accomplished after getting him up and down. John did comment that he only had to go halfway to fit the boots on the shrouds and that it took a long time. Oh well, we also had time to enjoy leisurely meals on the patio surrounded by flowers in the backyard and on the table. Pre- dinner drinks on the dock and of course, The Beach Boys concert last night. The band, although not all originals, were very good. It is impossible not to feel happy when listening to The Beach Boys for three hours. However The Beach Boys are also responsible for how I am feeling now- dazed and hungover, even though I only had one drink!


Comments