Sailing Adventures

27 September 2015 | Burrum heads
15 September 2015 | Reef off monkey bay great Keppel island
19 August 2015 | The keppel islands
05 August 2015
22 July 2015 | Pancake creek
16 July 2015 | 1770
12 July 2015 | Bundaberg Burnett river.
23 June 2015 | Crab creek
05 June 2015 | Crab creek

Heading south leaving Gladstone

15 September 2015 | Reef off monkey bay great Keppel island
Well I must Apoligise for the large gap since our last post, but we have been busy with extra crew aboard and working out A southern strategy to start heading home.
We stayed around the Keppel islands for a month and it went quickly with our last visitors being Geoff and Christine in the first week of sept. We had a wonderful week and because the wind kept changing it mind we went to nearly every bay around great Keppel. The locals call it the Keppel shuffle.
After they left we departed for yellowpatch again for the predicted southerly blow, but had to depart after a week there as the monthly wild pig cull was on again. We came down through the narrows for the first time and stayed in Gladstone marina for a few days waiting for the northerly to kick in today. We met up with John and Lynn Rossmann from our Alberton days as they are still heading north.
At the moment we are enjoying a lovely sail to pancake creek to sit out another southerly blow later this week. It seems we get one northerly day per week at the moment. Hope all is well in your camp and talk again soon. Love mandy and Greg. SV Swagman.
Comments
Vessel Name: Swagman
Vessel Make/Model: Simpson Woodwind
Hailing Port: Brisbane
Crew: Greg and Mandy
About:
We have owned many boats in our lifetime - small runabouts, sports and fly bridge cruisers, yacht and now catamaran. We are cruisers not racers (unless there is another sailboat beside us of course) and enjoy the peace and serenity of being on the ocean. [...]
Extra: We learnt to sail our first yacht when we left Florida in 2011 and headed for Australia. Our friends in the US thought we were "crazy Aussies". But we made it and had many adventures along the way.
Swagman's Photos - Main
13 Photos
Created 19 August 2015
16 Photos
Created 5 June 2015