Progressive Sketches for Memorial Day
27 June 2017 | Pago Pago, American Samoa
1) "Damn, George, Isn't today some kinda Holiday? Let's go fishing."
2) "Clara, It's Veterans' Day. We celebrate all those veterans who served in the Army."
3) "Mildred, it's a day we remember the war dead: you know that."
4) "Dad, imagine all those people dying and what they went through."
5) "That is a lot of suffering many went through before they died in our wars, Mike. Was it worth it?"
6) "Sue, I watched my childhood buddy suffer such pain in my arms before he died in Vietnam with me. This day has special meaning for me."
7) "Imagine all those veterans, Sam, were each somehow an old friend of yours and you had to watch each one die and feel the pain he suffered before he died and had his life cut short. It would be unimaginable and totally unbearable. But that is what happened, Sam, whether you really know it or not."