THOR

12 August 2013
11 August 2012
11 August 2012
03 August 2012
30 July 2012
29 March 2012
26 February 2012
20 January 2012 | Satun
03 January 2012
09 December 2011
08 December 2011
04 December 2011
01 December 2011
14 November 2011
14 November 2011
14 November 2011
14 November 2011

PORT DICKSON- Admiral Marina

14 November 2011
It took 2 long motoring days to arrive at this very nice marina, along the way I had to twice go overboard to clean plastic of the props. Richard normally does this job but his ear is playing up and can't go in the water.
The green water is surprisingly warm but very dirty. The first time over was to remove a bag 6 foot long and the second a normal shopping bag. Malaysians treat the oceans like tips. Both times over, Rick had to tie a rope around me or the 2knot current would of swept me away.
Thor had his own berth that seemed to be built just for him and got the last spot for power. (only 50% of pens have electricity) not very smart! We were glad to have power as the humidity was quite bad. The pool and gym was a welcoming treat and the bar in front also. Negatives - no WI-FI on the boat you had to go to the bar and T.V. Was not available (bad location).
No Gala dinner at this stop but a tour to Kuala Lumpur was arranged.

KUALA LUMPUR- Capital of Malaysia.

This is a beautiful city and one we wish to visit for longer another time. The tour took us to 'The Caves' a Budist Temple located inside a cave with over 230 steps to reach, just outside the city with the largest golden Goddess statue in the world.
Next was the Chinese Temple were we discovered what animal we are (Richard boar, me rooster) both good natured. Followed by a war memorial. Along the was to the Twin Towers for a photo stop, we past the largest flag pole in the world with I think the largest flag too, it was massive! Why is it that the French always keep the bus waiting, we got told how long we are staying but they seem to not bother with it.
Free time was located at one of the 8 large shopping centres, we were give 5 hours. (if only we took our tourist map). In this time we spent eating lunch and walking through shopping malls and back streets, only later we found out we were only one street away from a beautiful garden park.
7.30pm and 1.30hrs drive we arrived home with again sore feet and very tied. I think its time to buy good walking shoes as we can't wear our hiking boots.
We stayed here 5 days.
Comments
Vessel Name: THOR
Vessel Make/Model: Schionning wilderness 1620
Hailing Port: Fremantle
Crew: Richard Fiddes Captain, Michelle Fiddes 1st Mate, Holly the dog Mascot
About:
Richard and Michelle have been together for 13yrs and Thor is their second catamaran the first being a Jensen 32 Built in 1996 by Andy Jensen. [...]
Extra:
THOR was launched in August 2007 in Fremantle after a 3yr build BY contract builders. She is a slightly modified Schionning Wilderness design, the modifications included a continued roof line thru to the rear of the cockpit to give a more streamlined look and to make it easier to fit all round [...]

Who: Richard Fiddes Captain, Michelle Fiddes 1st Mate, Holly the dog Mascot
Port: Fremantle