S/V Tiger Lilly

Rig heavy, reef early, and pray often; for God does not assure us an easy passage, but He does promise a safe anchorage...

25 May 2018 | TRINCOMALEE, SRI LANKA
02 January 2018 | Clan Jeti Anchorage, Georgetown, Penang Island, Malaysia
03 November 2016 | Singapore, Southeast Asia
02 October 2016 | Kumai River, Borneo
24 August 2016 | Rindja Island, Indonesia
22 July 2016 | Fannie Bay, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
14 June 2016 | Pancake Creek, Queensland, Australia
13 June 2016 | Pancake Creek, Queensland, Australia
11 June 2016 | Burnette Heads, Queensland, Australia
07 June 2016 | Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
11 May 2016 | Colmsie, Brisbane River, Queensland, Australia
23 December 2015 | Brisbane, Australia
13 August 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
07 August 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
23 July 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
12 April 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
11 February 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
25 January 2015 | Whangarei, New Zealand
24 September 2014 | BORA BORA, French Polynesia
23 September 2014 | Bora Bora

TIGER LILLY - SHE IS BACK!

14 June 2016 | Pancake Creek, Queensland, Australia
Tom & Lilly
On Sunday TIGER LILLY was raided in the dark of the night by the Australian MOVIE COPS, and Lilly was taken into custody. They had read our FB post discussing movie swapping in the cruising fleet, and decided to make an example out of the Cheeky Yanks. I mistakenly predicted that they would bring her back in three days - but it only took two days (and one night) for her to wear them down. The MOVIE COP helo just deposited her back on the beach, and she is frantically waving and jumping up and down - still in her PJ's. But I must admit that the peace and quiet aboard TIGER LILLY is really kind of nice; and besides, the dinghy is secured for sea on the cabin top. Perhaps one of the other boats in the anchorage with a dinghy already in the water will fetch her... I just read in the online version of the Auckland Fishwrapper and Ambulance Chaser that the famous Kiwi producer/financier J. Scott Pryor is already writing the screen play and is putting together a Hollywood consortium to document the lasses heinous crimes against The Big Screen...
Here is a recap of the pirated movie situation that went down two nights ago aboard TIGER LILLY:

At about 0200 last night we heard the distinctive whomp-whomp of a helicopter - it had "MOVIE COPS" stenciled on the fuselage in reflective red paint. They came in nose down, fast and hard, landed on the beach here in Pancake Creek, Queensland, quickly inflated their pink Zodiac, and were coming up the side of TIGER LILLY before we knew what was happening. They were wearing sequined Elvis Suits, flamingo brooches, and Ray Bans. The senior agent, Inspector Clouseau, whipped out an iPhone with our FB pirate movie swapping post on it; and thusly confronted with the evidence of her criminal activity, Lilly quickly broke down and confessed. They had her in handcuffs and orange coveralls as quick as you can say "Bob's your uncle!" They tumbled her into their inflatable and disappeared into the dark. All over the anchorage splashes could be heard as fellow cruisers were jettisoning THEIR pirate movie hard drives and purloined soft back books. The clicking of keyboards was clearly audible across the water as the geek cruisers were frantically polishing their Apples. It was absolute mayhem. The last I saw of my Lilly was her tear-streaked face pressed against the window of the MOVIE COP helo as it lifted off; she was sobbing uncontrollably...

Well, it has been pretty quiet aboard TIGER LILLY; I am reading a 1993 Tom Clancy book with no cover on it, drinking coffee, and listening to 30 knots of wind whistle in the rigging.

I have a pretty good idea how this is going to play out. The last time something like this happened, they brought her back after 3 days - the cops just wanted some peace and quiet! As per usual, she had made Facebook friends with all the cop wives and their cop girlfriends, knew all of their extended family members (and some of THEIR extended families), and had invitations to a cop wedding, a cop barbecue, and the Police Academy graduation...

Apparently the law enforcement folks have cleared up all the shenanigans that Slithery Hillary and her friends at Goldman Sachs were involved in, and now they have plenty of time to focus on the really serious criminals...

Mom & Pop cruisers take heed - they could come for your illegal movies and books too!
Tom & Lilly
S/V Tiger Lilly
Pancake Creek - still watching the wind blow
Queensland, Australia
Comments
Vessel Name: Tiger Lilly
Vessel Make/Model: 1977 CSY44 walkover hull #55
Hailing Port: Green Cove Springs
Crew: Lilly and Tom Service
About:
Lilly is a retired business woman, and was previously a professional athlete. As one of America's first professional female triathletes, she was a pioneer in woman's sports. [...]
Extra:
Our kids: From 1987 to 1991 Tom circumnavigated the world with his family. Daughters Dawn and Jennifer were ages 11 & 13 when they departed on a 4 year, 40 country / island group, Trade Wind voyage around the world, and 15 & 17 when they returned to St. Petersburg, FL. During his high school [...]
Social:
Tiger Lilly's Photos - Main
Approximately 100 Asian elephants live in and around the Trincomalee Landfill in northeast Sri Lanka. These huge creatures eat plastic strewn trash and garbage because they have been driven back from their natural habitat by the encroachment of farms.
38 Photos
Created 24 September 2018
DALA’s STORY
13 Photos
Created 17 January 2018
69 Photos
Created 22 November 2016
19 Photos
Created 22 November 2016
22 Photos
Created 22 November 2016
23 Photos
Created 22 November 2016
15 Photos
Created 28 September 2013
124 Photos | 4 Sub-Albums
Created 26 August 2010
1 Photo | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 23 August 2010
1 Photo | 8 Sub-Albums
Created 23 August 2010
4 Photos | 7 Sub-Albums
Created 23 August 2010